About the role
The Infection Prevention Consultant will focus primarily on the major Hospitals and Health Systems with adjacent outpatient departments and regionally specific Ambulatory SurgeryCenters (ASCs). Will be responsible for selling the entire Complete Circle of Protection suite of products including capital and consumables solution through a comprehensive approachfocused on meeting with higher level decision makers within a hospital and driving top down decision making. A strong focus on influencing VAT committees and other key stakeholders.Change will be driven by identifying and eliminating clinical variances across different practice settings to help standardize the workflow to deliver a higher level of infection prevention andpatient care. The IPC rep will have strong team play with their clinical and service counterparts and in some territories oversee and provide indirect leadership for an Associate SalesRepresentative. #CB
What you will do
- Call on all target accounts with a frequency sufficient to ensure account penetration, sales growth and business maintenance within a specified geographic territory.
- Penetration of new accounts within geographic territory where Medical does not have a presence. Cultivation of, and maximize business through existing accounts by executing consultative/educative sales process. Representation of entire breadth of Medical product line. Maintain thorough understanding of proper ordering patterns within the acute care setting for all existing business.
- Maintain customer pricing for Medical products within established guidelines.
- Travel as necessary within specific geographic territory to optimize Medical product exposure and penetration. Travel is part of the job function and must be performed in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Travel should be in conjunction with established call activity, account management functions, achieving current sales objectives and developing new opportunities for Medical.
- Communicate customer in-service and product service needs within territory appropriately.
- Maintain all correspondence for each account managed in territory utilizing sales tools such as Salesforce.com appropriately.
- On-going market research for products or services and observations including information on competitive landscape, shifts in industry focus and trends in the medical environment that might enhance Medical product offering.
- Participation in planning and implementing the marketing and sales strategy.
- Participation with Director of Sales on annual sales forecast, business plan development, and all established or opportunity mechanisms for increasing revenuewithin territory.
- Interact with other departments in the organization to ensure proper handling of customer requirements. This includes but is not limited to Sales Leadership Team, Inside Sales, Marketing, Operations, Technical and Customer Service.
- Troubleshoot and evaluate all product reliability issues in assigned territory. Product issues must be reported to a Technical Service Representative and Marketing Director for rapid response initiation. Account Manager will assist in the exchange of product if needed and communicate with account throughout the entire process until completed.
- Direct the day-to-day field sales responsibilities for Medical within a specific designated geographic territory.
- Maintain and grow business within current accounts.
- Develop consultative relationships with new and existing account base to actively manage their infection control practices as they apply to endoscopic practice.Consistently in-service staff regarding infection control practices as they apply to endoscopic procedures, and any areas where Medical may demonstrate growth in the future.
- Attain monthly, quarterly and annual sales quotas.
What we are looking for
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years of capital or disposable sales experience with an emphasis in the medical industry; Experience with selling in Hospital O.R. or GI call point is preferred
- Experience in preparing an annual business plan designed to grow and achieve required sales objectives
- Strong Understanding of customer’s buying cycles (operational vs. capital budgets) to align for successful acquisition of products and services
- Experienced and Completed a formalized Sales Training and Development Continuum
- Capability of prioritizing opportunities and closing large capital or large disposable opportunities in a large geography
- Utilizes a defined Sales Process, CRM a must
- Ability to solution sell (multiple products at once)
- Demonstrated and documented consistent track record of high-level sales success with career progression
- Experience with a complex selling environment, multiple call points and decision makers/influencers
- Experience with Field Sales Training, Task Force involvement, project leadership is preferred
- Position will be Field based
- Must be able to travel a minimum of 50%
DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS FOR POSITION:
- Professional presence
- Optimistic and winning attitude
- Excellent communication skills; verbal & written
- Instant likeability
- Intelligent, met odical and process driven
- Self-motivated, hard worker
- Personal integrity and accountability
- Adaptive and innovative/creative
- High energy level
- Drive to achieve; competitive
- Excels at building rapport and working cross-functionally, multi-tasking, organization and time management
- Team player
- Ability to solve problem
Who we are
At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. As a leading provider of infection prevention products and services in the healthcare market, we are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that improve outcomes and help save lives. We accomplish this mission by delivering our products through the following operating units:
Medical: Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use valves and irrigation tubing. The medical device reprocessing systems, disinfectants, detergents we manufacture and distribute are used to disinfect high-level endoscopes.
Life Sciences: Water purification systems for dialysis facilities. We work with leading dialysis caregivers, delivering hemodialysis dialyzers and reprocessing systems, as well as sterilants and filtration products.
Dental: Single-use, infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market (face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers, saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and disinfectants).
Cantel employees are inspired to improve the lives of patients, caregivers and healthcare providers. If you are looking for a company driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and have the passion to shape the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Join us and see why people love working here.