Job Title: Inpatient Palliative Medicine Physician
Reports To: System Medical Director, Palliative Care and Hospice Medicine
Purpose of the Position:
- Provide palliative medicine consultations care for person with serious, complex and/or life-threatening conditions.
- Enhance hospital communication efforts with patients and families.
- Serve as clinical and educational role model and mentor.
- Support patients and their families in collaboration with the managing service and primary care team.
- Conduct and document palliative medicine consultations and follow-up evaluations for patients with palliative care needs when requested by the managing medical service.
- Assist in providing patients and families with high-quality, coordinated psycho-social and emotional support.
- Maintain currency for palliative care quality data base.
- Engage in quality improvement programs.
- Advocate for improvements in palliative care through participation in professional organizations.
- Provide clinical expertise, educational programming, and guidance for students, the health system and community entities when requested.
- Maintain strong communication and positive relationships with the palliative care team and medical staff members.
- Create and support programming to grow the palliative care service.
- Ensure continuity of clinical coverage for assigned sites.
- Ensure personal and team compliance with practice standards and billing codes
- Support coordinated health system efforts and practice responsible stewardship of resources.
- Maintain licenses and certifications required for practice of palliative medicine in State of Illinois.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BC/BE in Palliative Care Medicine
- Unrestricted medical and DEA license to practice in the State of Illinois.