Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:SBH) is a global distributor and retailer of professional beauty products Through the Sally Beauty Supply and Beauty Systems Group businesses, we sell and distribute through over 5,000 stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Chile, France, Canada, Mexico, Peru, Ireland, the Netherlands, Spain, and Germany.
The Virtual Sales Salon Consultant actively utilizes all forms of social media in order to maximize sales. Sales should be maintained and expanded upon through maintaining and expanding (opening new doors) a customer base. In addition, market analysis, selling approved beauty products and introducing new products and concepts. In addition, providing customer service through digital platforms, conducting product education and offering retail consulting services to professional beauty salons, barbers, spas, schools and licensed beauticians, nail technicians and aestheticians.
“At CosmoProf/Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find beauty in YOU. Join us.”
Grow Yourself: 10%
- Exhibit a desire to learn and grow. Striving for continuous improvement while owning personal development and growing digital & social media techniques to generate new customers and foster existing business relationships
- Schedule and attend business development days (BDD) to increase product knowledge and develop professional vendor relationships.
- Remain agile to changes in the market while building industry knowledge and intuition to be able to be nimble in order to react to a competitive market.
- Actively work to increase own product & market knowledge.
- Create an organized work environment and workflow to be able to most efficiently service your customers.
Grow Team and Culture: 20%
- Be a subject matter expert on utilizing digital platforms & social media to grow the business. Share your knowledge with peers in order to grow the team’s digital capabilities
- Communicate with the Manager regarding calls, visits, orders, status of sales progress, follow-up plans and any assistance needed.
- Attend all meetings, functions and events and maintain regular contact as established by the Company or Supervisor.
- Must be available to attend shows, participate in the setup and dismantling of displays, booths, handling back stock as well as performing other physical activities that might be required.
- Demonstrate and assist customers in developing, planning, implementing, monitoring and tracking results of all in-salon promotions, programs and concepts. Determine customers’ needs and offer products and services to meet those needs.
Grow the Business: 70%
- Attracting and retaining salon clientele by utilizing social media as a form of communication, promotion, education and product knowledge
- Conduct effective virtual product knowledge classes.
- Develop territory analysis, and organization, by establishing the most efficient coverage pattern for the territory.
- Maintain call/visit frequency for major accounts consistent with established marketing plans.
- With consideration for each account implement advertising and merchandising programs, and survey assignments to complete marketing services and support to each account.
- Create customer profile cards for each major account, containing pertinent account data and facts that accurately outline marketing, sales, and merchandising strategy levels for each.
- Responsible for servicing all customers through, stylist sales development and accounts receivable of all salons, barbers and spas.
- Initiate business relationships that gain customers’ trust and confidence so that selling and customer service can be delivered more effectively.
- Meet or exceed established metrics as well as other standards and expectations that may be created
- Generate leads through online and social media tools, email marketing, webinars, tradeshows
- Expand Social Media Presence
- Share engaging content regularly on social media platforms
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Communicate with influencers via social media to create a strong network
- Actively prospecting for new customers through cold calling, social media and other digital outlets
- Utilize Social Media to drive business, advertise customer and vendor events.
- Strictly comply with established procedures regarding the processing of returns including the pick-up of returns from the customer and completing the required documents. Timely completion of assignments and projects that may be assigned.
- Strictly comply with company safety procedures – city, state and federal laws.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification
- Previous retail and sales experience selling both tangible products and associated services preferred
- Working knowledge of inventory control systems and visual merchandising is strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge and experience using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media platforms to build pipelines, books of business and other business needs
- Experience with Microsoft, Oracle and Order Entry applications preferred
- Experience using search engines and other internet tools
- Ability to build an online community and create social connections.
- Ability to travel to shows and sales meetings a minimum of 3 times a year
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and a safe manner
- Is committed to working scheduled hours and has the flexibility to work additional hours based on changing business needs
- Strong time management and organization skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to present a professional image and interact positively with the public
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels within and outside the organization
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of Sally Beauty may take advantage of our in house salon with complimentary services, an onsite Sally Beauty Store with 30% merchandise discount, an onsite CosmoProf store with a 20% merchandise discount and a gourmet cafe.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.