Are you passionate about technology and supporting first responders? If so, read on!
As a member of NorcomCT’s technical services team, you will be an integral part of our core mission to provide technology solutions and services that help first responders, towns, and cities support and protect their communities. Our technical staff provides “best in class” support to keep our client’s mission critical systems up and available every day. Motorola is the world leader in public safety communications and NorcomCT is the premier Motorola partner in New England.
Our company provides a wide range of products and services and our technical services team is made up of a variety of highly specialized positions. We are currently seeking applicants to be a part of our Fixed Network Equipment (FNE) Implementation Team. A Fixed Network Equipment Installation Technician installs floor and wall mounted racks and cabinets, equipment into existing racks and cabinets, network, ground, RF and other low voltage cabling, conduit, cable management systems, UPS units, camera systems, antennas and antenna cabling on roof tops and on poles utilizing man lifts, as well as outdoor cabinets and cable management systems mounted to poles, set on pads, platforms and roof tops.
This position utilizes man lifts and other specialized tools and equipment to perform duties and may work with other trades such as tower climbing technicians, excavators, electricians and crane operators.
This position requires basic mechanical, electrical and electronics aptitude and experience with, or training in, the installation of equipment, low voltage cabling and/or antennas. Hourly rate and responsibilities are commensurate with candidate’s skills and experience.
Our Implementation Team performs a wide variety of tasks that support all aspects of our system deployments and implementation, therefore we require a wide variety of specializations within the group. Individuals on this team may specialize in a subset of the tasks referenced above. All interested individuals are encouraged to apply.Compensation
Pay Rate: $23.00 to $35.00/hour ($47,800.00 - $72,800 annually)
Pay rate based on applicant’s skills, experience, training/education, certifications and licenses.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Disability and Life insurance, 401k, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Profit Sharing BonusesLocation
This position is based out of our Naugatuck headquarters to support clients throughout Connecticut and Western Massachusetts. Once training is completed, this position may be dispatched from an employee's home so long as their home is within our service area. Employees are required to travel to our Naugatuck headquarters location during the workday to facilitate onboarding and training and as required going forward.
If you have the drive and desire to learn and support exciting Motorola public safety technology products and solutions, while supporting first responders Apply Now !About our Clients (YouTube)
A Tribute to the First, First RespondersAbout our Company
Thank You 9-1-1 - Hidden Heroes of Public Safety
NorcomCT, a leader in the wireless communications industry, is headquartered in Naugatuck, Connecticut. We specialize in the design, sale, implementation and support of wireless communications and other technology solutions for public safety, government, and commercial clients throughout Connecticut and Western Massachusetts.
We are proud to offer industry leading Motorola products and solutions and have been recognized as an outstanding Motorola Solutions Sales Partner and Service Provider. As we continue to succeed and grow, we are seeking talented, enthusiastic individuals to join our team of over 60 employees to provide world class products, solutions and support to our clients.
Our clients depend on our products to help protect the public and save lives, and they rely on our team to provide solutions and support to ensure their mission critical systems are always available to support their agency’s objectives and provide a lifeline to first responders.
For more information about our company mission and culture, please visit our web site at www.norcomct.com and check us out on Facebook and Instagram.
We strive to provide a work experience that will create a long term, mutually beneficial relationship between our team members, our company, and our clients.Fixed Network Equipment Installation Technician Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Installs equipment into racks and cabinets and cables between equipment and to external devices.
- assembled racks/cabinets of equipment, network, RF and ground cabling, conduit and other materials within buildings.
- Installs antennas on roof tops and poles and outdoor cabinets and cable management systems on roof tops, pads and platforms.
- Note: Poles are accessed with a man lift, this position does not require tower climbing.
- Installs connectors utilizing a variety of tools on RF, network and other specialty low voltage cables and tests cables and connectors after installation.
- Drills, bores and cuts various materials utilizing power and hand tools to facilitate installation of cabling and equipment.
- Completes documentation of equipment, system configuration and installation “as built” parameters.
- Powers up equipment and performs initial configuration and verification of proper operation.
- Assembles, mounts, labels and cables equipment in our staging facility. Breaks down and readies equipment for deployment after staging.
- Delivers equipment and materials to offsite locations.
- Troubleshoots and repairs antenna systems, cabling and equipment during and after the implementation process.
- Works with other trades such as tower climbing technicians, excavators, electricians and crane operators.
- Reviews potential work and provides details of labor and materials required to facilitate the creation of client quotes.
- Completes documentation of activities, project/service status, hours, and materials used to provide for client follow up, project close out, employee payroll and billing.
- Keeps assigned vehicle and work area neat, clean and maintained, and keeps materials, inventory and tools secure and organized.
- Other duties as required.
- Knowledge of basic electronics and mechanical systems. Applicant must be familiar with concepts such as:
- AC/DC voltage and current
- Understanding of wire size
- Switches and relays
- Use of a Digital Voltmeter (DVM)
- Low voltage cabling
- Equipment cabling
- Equipment grounding
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical and construction concepts.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to provide world-class support.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and diagrams.
- Ability to be flexible in a dynamic and changing workday.
- Ability to resolve issues or escalate in a timely manner while following consistent, best practices.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, along with the ability to adapt, be creative and improvise on-the-spot solutions to issues encountered.
- Ability to work cooperatively with clients, co-workers and others.
- Ability to be flexible in a dynamic and changing workday.
- Ability to travel out of state for training on occasion.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain technical information in basic, understandable terms.
Physical and Sensory Demands
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High School Diploma or completion of sufficient education to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
- Experience with, or training in, the installation and testing of antennas, RF, network, other low voltage, and/or ground cabling.
- Ability to work at heights, on roofs, using man lifts and ladders, outdoors and in various weather conditions.
- Ability to learn mounting, labeling and grounding techniques and to make RF and ground connectors to industry standards.
- Experience using basic hand and power tools, and ability to learn to safely use or operate industry-specific tools and test equipment, manlifts and other specialty equipment.
- Note: The company supplies required specialty tools, however the employee is required to provide basic hand tools.
- Proficiency in use of a PC as well as Microsoft Outlook (Email), Excel and web browser, and other Windows and smart phone applications.
- Ability to perform work outside of normal work schedule hours occasionally on an as needed basis.
- Valid state driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Must obtain OSHA 10 certification within 6 months of hire.
- Obtain Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection V6 license within 24 months of hire.
- Obtain Motorola R56 certification within 18 months of hire.
- Ability to pass conditional offer and ongoing Motor Vehicle Records checks, background checks and drug tests as required and ability to pass an initial pre-employment physical.
- Experience as a two-way radio end user, an amateur radio operator and/or a first responder is beneficial.
- Ability to lift, carry, push and pull up to 75 pounds of equipment/materials/test equipment over smooth and rough surfaces and up stairs independently, and to lift, carry, push and pull over 75 pounds of materials with assistance of others on occasion.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground, up hills and in other outdoor areas while carrying tools and equipment during various weather conditions.
- Ability to work with materials and equipment above head height and to bend, squat, and articulate into tight spaces to facilitate installation, service and repair of equipment.
- Manual dexterity and ability to articulate and work with both hands.
- Near Vision Acuity (e.g., ability to discern small objects).
- Ability to work at heights, on flat and pitched roofs, on manlifts and ladders, and outdoors in various weather conditions.
In addition to the requirements above, we are looking for individuals who are team-oriented and who work and communicate effectively with others at all levels throughout the organization. Excellent customer service skills with the willingness to provide world-class support are a must.Application and Evaluation Process
- Complete online application and questionnaire
- Submit resume with cover letter via online application
- If selected complete
- Initial screening assessment online (30-35 minutes)
- Skills assessment online (50-55 minutes)
- Phone interview
- In person interview with onsite, hands on, technical assessment
- Background check, Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check, drug test and physical
We expect that the evaluation process may take up to 60 days.
To be considered for this position, please submit resume with cover letter and complete the online application and questionnaire by clicking the "Apply" link below.
There is no closing date for this position.
Northeastern Communications, Inc., dba NorcomCT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.