Currently we are seeking an experienced Interior Designer to join the interiors team in our Foxborough office. We are seeking someone who thrives in a collaborative culture and contributes to a shared vision of design solutions. The ideal candidate should be a highly capable, self-directed individual with 3-6 years of experience working on commercial interior and architecture projects with a strong background both technically and graphically. They should be able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, have excellent communication skills and have the desire to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
Position responsibilities will include:
- Participate in all phases of assigned design projects from design concept and development through the completion of the project.
- Exercise creative judgment and design skills in preparing client presentation materials, including design sketches, renderings, 3-D models and finish boards.
- Produce and prepare design documents.
- Demonstrate advancement in technical expertise, including detailing, as well as code and construction knowledge.
- Construction Administration support including the production of sketches, responding to RFIs, reviewing submittals including shop drawings, site visits, and punch lists.
- Furniture selections, presentations, and coordination.
- Commitment to key firm principles including strong communication, teambuilding, quality control, and office standards.
- 3-6 years of related experience in interior design. (Can include experience in architecture, and/or the construction profession).
- Professional Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited Interior Design or Architecture school.
- Strong experience and demonstrated proficiency in all design phases including a minimum of two completed projects from Schematic Design through Construction Documents and Construction Administration.
- Experience organizing & assembling construction documents with proven technical skills in documentation and detailing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with teammates, consultants, clients, consulting engineers, vendors and contractors.
- Technically skilled; fluency using Revit, 3-D modeling software including Enscape; BIM proficiency as well as SketchUp, InDesign and Adobe and Microsoft Suite.
- Strong communication, organization, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to multi-task and provide support to multiple projects simultaneously.
- NCIDQ certification a plus.
Kaestle Boos Associates is one of New England’s most experienced architectural design firms. We specialize in the planning and design of educational, public safety and municipal facilities. Our projects include the design of new structures, multi-phased construction of additions and renovations, preparation of space needs assessments, feasibility studies and master plans. We are committed to our client relationships and providing a completed project that is a lasting reflection for the community we are serving.