HGA is an award winning architectural, engineering, interior design and planning firm with a full-time opportunity in our Los Angeles office for a talented interior designer. In this position, you will collaborate with and be an integral part of the architectural and interior design team, supporting the development of the Interior Design efforts; performing all technical aspects of the interior design process from project setup through to construction administration; and assisting and participating in data gathering, planning and documentation.
- Works with Healthcare Architectural and Interior Design teams to develop the interior design direction, translating complex programming requirements into design solutions, focusing on the patient experience
- Researches materials and concepts to advise and support design team on technical issues influencing interior design concept development.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively and professionally with multidisciplinary team members.
- Works within project schedules to prioritize tasks and coordinate the completion of documentation required from initial design phase through final project completion.
- Interior design concepts, materials and furnishings requirements specific to Healthcare projects – includes concepts, practices, standards and principles
- Thorough understanding of the technical process for large-scale interiors projects with a specific emphasis in the healthcare sector
- Building materials, specifications and construction techniques
- Applicable codes (city, state, federal)
- Finish materials, FF&E selection and specification, interior design components for millwork/casework and construction detailing
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree from an accredited Interior Design / Interior Architecture program
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with a focus on healthcare design and projects
- Professional licensure and/or certification required; LEED AP and EDAC strongly encouraged
- Proficiency in Revit required; Experience with AutoCAD, SketchUp, Enscape, and other graphic tools desired
- Fluent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office suite
- Strong communication and presentation skills