DLR Group is an integrated design firm that aspires to be the most creative enterprise on the planet. Our brand promise is the elevate the human experience through design. If that challenge is appealing, you're at the right place.
DLR Group has an opening for an Interior Designer.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
In this role you will be responsible for collaborating on the design of projects from pre-design and programming through construction administration on projects ranging in size and complexity. Your role and responsibilities will vary from project-to-project, including, but not limited to, developing comprehensive project palettes of materials and finishes, preparing 3D renderings and presentation drawings, and generating interior finish drawings and details, all the while maintaining an awareness of project scope, schedule, fee, and budget. Additionally, you will work collaboratively with clients, contractors, vendors and other DLR Group team members to deliver projects.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects across all our sectors such as Workplace, Hospitality, Sports, Culture and Performing Arts, Schools, and more! You will work collaboratively with clients, contractors, vendors and DLR Group team members to deliver projects. As a valuable team member, you will take on additional responsibility, seek out opportunities for learning and growth, and be personally accountable for you work effort and work product.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate sound commercial design portfolio
- Work capably on projects, Maintains thoughtful communication with the internal project team(s)
- Be responsible for individual performance, seeks out new skills and knowledge
- Be able to conceptualize functions of space, by either interpreting an established program into a space plan or ability to ask informed questions to develop a space program.
- Contribute an understanding of on interior design factors such as space planning for function, budget, layout and use of furnishings or equipment, material selection and color coordination for interior environments.
- Think about space holistically, asking questions about all aspects of the built environmental. How does interiors scope affect other disciplines
- Have an understanding of industry standard specification format and language, ability to review specifications for project-specific materials and requirements. Interest in learning how to coordinate written material specifications with material schedules and construction document content.
- Understand resources available to support one s effort in how to read and interpret building codes, by-laws, space requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on interior designs.
- Have a clear understanding of materials, ability to research appropriateness for application. Interest to learn how to estimate material requirements and costs.
- Produce and execute designs and work with team / coordination with team and design lead / ability to turn concept into reality through documentation
- Be able to communicate design and project requirements to effectively collaborate with industry partners furniture dealers, product reps, and fabricators to meet overall project objectives
- Have an understanding of design storytelling, developing visual content for client presentations with an understanding of presentation messaging and goals
- Be interested in learning to create an FF&E budget
- Have an understanding of the functionality of furniture and how furniture can be used to achieve the large project goals (i.e. increased collaboration)
- Work to align hours assigned with tasks, learning to work effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to visualize space three-dimensionally and detail oriented
- Bachelor s Degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or equivalent
- 1-3 years of commercial design experience
- Revit 2019 + above, including ability to model and build components
- Understanding of basic commands in AutoCAD software to allow for incorporation to Revit models
- Microsoft Office including, but not limited to Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Adobe Creative Suite, including, but not limited to, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Seeking NCIDQ Certification
- Has an interest in Healthy Materials and sustainable building design
- Enscape 3D rendering
DLR Group is an integrated design firm delivering architecture, engineering, interiors, planning, and building optimization for new construction, renovation, and adaptive reuse. Our promise is to elevate the human experience through design. This promise inspires sustainable design for a diverse group of public and private sector clients; local communities; and our planet. DLR Group is 100 percent employee-owned and fully supports the initiatives and goals of the 2030 Challenge and is an initial signatory to the China Accord and the AIA 2030 Commitment.
Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and at LinkedIn.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.