Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Lead multiple on-site locations; responsible for the oversight of all fleet and planning operations. Direct operations personnel within the Intermodal framework to ensure optimal productivity. Responsible for implementation and adherence of Intermodal processes/procedures to maximize efficiencies and reach desired outcomes.
- Oversee all operations at all assigned on-site locations; direct the fleet, planning, driver leader and customer service functions. Lead driver leaders in addressing planning issues. Align scheduling procedures to provide adequate shift coverage. Partner with Shop leadership to direct shop operations, providing insight and recommendations as business needs drive operation changes. Ensure appropriate procedures are in place and adhered to, relating to the security of the on-site location.
- Develop positive and solid relationships with assigned customer and internal company personnel through effective and professional communication; work with all internal departments to ensure sound resolution of customer and company issues. Maintain an understanding of and demonstrate customer service processes within leadership teams to ensure alignment of customer expectations and department goals/objectives.
- Serve as an on-site daily extension of sales to expand business revenue by exploring all dedicated, rail and logistics opportunities with customers.
- FLEET AND DRIVER LEADER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for driving, monitoring and evaluating driver leader and fleet performance, ensuring optimum productivity and profitability of the fleet. Responsible for Profit & Loss (P&L) of assigned fleets; monitor all costs, asset utilization, driver compliance and billing processes. Ensure appropriate reporting procedures are followed. Generate appropriate reports regarding service, OS&D, accessorial, etcï¿½ï¿½ï¿½to assist in evaluating cost factors associated with business.
- Responsible for leadership activities; hire and train personnel, work with driver leaders on mediating driver conflicts, address and lead resolution of driver trainer/trainee and release to solo status issues as well as all other driver related issues. Direct and monitor personnel and driver performance; administer disciplinary action to correct undesirable behaviors as necessary. Conduct exit interviews.
- PLANNING LEADER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee a designated planning region while interacting with internal department personnel to coordinate area fleet capacity; lead operation of planning functions and ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Ensure alignment of planning in compliance with customer capacity and service commitments through utilization of network balance data. Act as Network liaison between internal department personnel.
- Partner with network leaders to forecast planning region market needs (daily, weekly, monthly); proactively review current capacity to determine appropriate adjustments in order to provide optimal planning opportunities. Coordinate network needs/opportunities with corporate network team and identify capacity repositioning opportunities; communicate necessary changes to designated department personnel.
- Align and prioritize customer shipments using Average Daily Volume (ADV) and customer score in combination with available Sales/Network input; determine customer priority, then direct and execute planning accordingly.
- Monitor outbound freight within designated planning center and act as 'Service Champion' to identify service issues; manage exceptions and collaborate with internal department personnel to provide resolution and execute better service opportunities.
- Monitor customers' container pools; coordinate day-to-day container reposition moves in collaboration with designated department personnel in order to maximize customer capacity.
- Oversee training of decision support tools (i.e. MicroMap, Critical pull,Cubes,SIS and Opti-Net).
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Skills: Ability to lead others, , ability to communicate well with others, ability to transfer knowledge, above average writing skills and organizational skills, professional appearance, ability to take direction from managers and detail oriented, ability to solve problems and work in high pressure situations. Knowledge of the transportation industry preferred.
- Education: Bachelors degree from Accredited University or College
- Experience Required: Minimum five (5) years combined leadership and operations experience. Transportation experience preferred.