International Documentation Specialist
The Andersons Inc
Overland Park, KS
At The Andersons, Inc., serving customers with integrity, loyalty and respect has been our commitment since our founding in 1947. An operating group of The Andersons, Inc., the Trade Group specializes in the movement of physical commodities such as whole grains, feed ingredients and energy products.
We are hiring a International Documentation Specialist for our Containers profit center. This position provides support to the team by ensuring all international shipping export documents are complete and accurate. Individuals must have a good understanding of all international documentation requirements and provide customer service to both buyers and sellers to ensure customs clearance.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the documentation and collection process from initiation of trade through final settlement.
- Generate all international documents, maintain database of export shipments daily, and assist in management of receivable risk on all export shipments.
- Provide logistic support on export shipments to both customers and traders.
- Aid export customers in resolving documentation issues.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job related training or considerable experience
- Completes work with limited degree of supervision
- Likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
- Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data
- Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious solutions
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, Associate's Degree preferred
- 3-5 years' relevant experience required
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The Andersons, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace. The Andersons, Inc. is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Note: The Andersons, Inc. conducts drug, alcohol and/or medical testing of applicants and employees based on type of position. A copy of our testing policy is available by contacting the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
PHISHING SCAM WARNING: The Andersons is among several companies recently made aware of a phishing scam involving con artists posing as hiring managers recruiting via email, text and social media. The imposters are creating misleading email accounts, conducting remote "interviews," and making fake job offers in order to collect personal and financial information from unsuspecting individuals. Please note that The Andersons only uses company email addresses, which contain "@andersonsinc.com", to communicate with candidates via email. The company also uses secure tools on our website to receive data from applicants and would never ask them to submit their personal banking information to apply for an open job. If you are contacted by someone about an open job at The Andersons, please verify the domain of the sender's email address and that they are asking you to apply on this website. If you believe you've been a victim of a phishing scam, please reference this webpage for guidance on your reporting options https://www.dhs.gov/be-cyber-smart/report-incident