Nestled conveniently in North Texas in the vibrant city of Denton is the corporate headquarters of Sally Beauty Holdings, the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. We are excited to welcome applications for our Inventory Accounting Manager. This role is a unique opportunity to join a spirited and determined Accounting Team within a fiscally sound global beauty retailer.
“At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find beauty in YOU. Join us.”
This position is responsible for leading a team of accountants in managing the inventory accounting department activities related to shows, inventory costing and reserves. This position is also responsible for overseeing the integration of subsidiary Inventory Accounting function.
- Establishes and ensures compliance of appropriate accounting policies, procedures and practices related to accounting for inventory reserves and related areas of inventory. Analyzes financial trends and provides advice or makes recommendations for changes to policies as needed.
- Provides leadership and assumes responsibility for the functional control over the inventory control or valuation area. Supervises the assigned Inventory accounting staff and reviews/approves their work products. Oversees subsidiary Inventory Accounting.
- Responds to inquiries from senior management and the field organization regarding inventory valuation or costing issues.
- Develops inventory related reporting by researching and analyzing inventory data and distributing reports to management
- Visits off-site locations to ensure the compliance of appropriate accounting policies, procedures and practices. Develops strategies and tactics for improving operation efficiencies while improving service levels. Works with MIS to identify and resolve system issues.
- Manages month-end, quarter-end, and year-end processes, including journal entries, account analysis and internal reporting related to the inventory costing area including audit support. Acts as lead on inventory related disclosures.
- Special projects as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other degree is required.
- 5+ years’ experience in Accounting
- CPA and supervisory experience preferred
- Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently.
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of Sally Beauty may take advantage of our in house salon with complementary services, an onsite Sally Beauty Store with 30% merchandise discount and a gourmet cafe.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.