Please send resume in WORD format should you be interested in the following IT Business Analyst position in Wilmington, MA 01887. This is a full-time, permanent position with a salary between 95-105K with excellent benefits. If you’re not interested, please pass along as we do pay referral fees.
Currently working remotely! Will require you to be in the office 100% post COVID.
Senior BA with good experience developing user stories, Epics, workflows using JIRA and Confluence.
The role focuses business requirements supporting implementation of Sales Incentive cloud solutions.
MUST HAVE a background with Incentive Compensation Management (Varicent, Callidus, Anaplan, SAP, Oracle Incentive Comp)
Our client is seeking to add a full time IT Business Analyst (IT BA) in our growing IT Department. The IT BA is a member of the Agile Product Team responsible for defining Features, and ownership of the product roadmap.
This is an instrumental role in driving business value to the organization by enhancing a new billing system rolling out to the organization, with a focus on the implementation of Sales Performance Management and low-code applications supporting the sales organization. The IT BA will be the subject matter expert of these assigned applications. Responsible for maintaining the conceptual integrity of the features/ components for the team, the IT BA has a significant role in ensuring business requirements are met and is the only team member empowered to accept user stories as done.
The IT BA will serve as the liaison between the lines of business and IT department of our company, leveraging the data the IT team extrapolates, while also overseeing the selection and implementation of software programs and hardware resources. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented with experience in systems integration and data mapping. He or she will also be responsible for translating business needs to IT solutions, and vice versa, with current programs, projects and initiatives in mind.
Job Detail -
- Analyze current business processes and make recommendations for improvement • Create and present reports to executive team members and shareholders to support recommendations • Oversee implementation of projects from inception to completion • Use a variety of data analysis and organizational tools to uncover insights • Gather intelligence from management about needs and future growth • Partner with application technology team to ensure each project meets a specific need and resolves successfully • Evaluate, test and recommend new opportunities for enhancing our software, hardware and IT processes • Compile and distribute reports on application development and deployment Requirement Definition • Works with stakeholders to align on business value, problem statements, and pain points that are strategic priorities for the company's initiatives • Provides subject matter expertise – explaining product vision and requirements to the team to ensure clarity and customer value is delivered • Responsible for defining and prioritizing stories that will increase velocity and quality of the program.
- Consideration of usability testing and end-user feedback to ensure product will address and resolve user pain points Program Backlog Ownership/Prioritization • Responsible for building, prioritizing, monitoring/editing, and maintaining the flow of Program Backlog to ensure the delivery of business value.
- Leads the team in identifying dependencies and tradeoffs as well as problem solving any risks that may appear in the Program Backlog • Contributes to the product roadmap and communicates expectations to the business stakeholders • Drafts the team’s objectives and defines features for the Program Backlog • Participate in the development of requirements supporting the strategy of individual lines of business • Maintain Conceptual and Technical Integrity of Features/Components • Provide architecture and development teams sufficiently detailed feedback on user stories and product vision to ensure the team maintains the technical integrity of features / functionality • Responsible for assuring a level of quality has been achieved by validating that the Story meets acceptance criteria and has met acceptance tests, approving stories as complete
- 3+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst.
- 10+ years of overall IT experience with significant experience in software development.
- Experience in Product Management, preferably in the Enterprise Software space.
- Business Analyst professional certification preferred.
- Experience with Sales Performance Management required.
- Experience with low-code platform solutions preferred.
- Track record of ability to clearly transport product vision on both abstract and detailed level to different group of stakeholders, specifically Sales and Marketing.
- Experience working within a geographically-distributed agile development environment a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision (self-starter) and to be able to work well with a team for a common goal.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, as well as experience with strategic planning, project planning, and implementation.
- Ability to think both abstractly and analytically, with an emphasis on problem-solving.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information from a variety of sources, often requiring research skills and creativity.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degrees in Business Administration, Computer Science, Math, or any related field from an accredited institution.
- Proficient skills in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Visio). Ability to work calmly and constructively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
- Utilizes experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Ability to follow instructions and respond upper managements' directions accurately.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
- Capable of writing simple SQL queries a plus.
- Potential for up to 10% of travel required.