IT Software Developer – MEAN/MERN Stack
Frontier Communications is looking for a MEAN stack developer seeking to build intuitively designed applications using a wide range of modern technologies and practices.
Responsibilities include participation in the entire software development lifecycle from design to creation, ownership, and sustained tier-3 support. You will be helping to create the next generation of internal and external web and mobile applications to provision, manage, and deliver services to our subscribers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Requirements analysis: Review and provide consulting for user story requirements with our internal partners
- System Architecture: Collaborate in the technical design of new and updated functionality with various internal teams and vendors
- Feature development: Develop new features across the full stack to include database, services, API integration, and front-end UI
- Maintenance: Help to investigate, troubleshoot, debug and implement fixes for software defects
- Support: Occasional rotation of software deployments and on-call response relating to critical tier-3 escalations
- Testing: Work closely with System Test Teams and UAT to ensure product quality
- Dev ops functions: Interact with Operations to support our deployment process and build automation
- Documentation: Provide regular technical documentation for new features and functions
- Peer development: Engage in pair development programming, code reviews, and continued learning with other members of the team
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or a combination of verifiable work experience and certifications in development.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to build complete end-to-end solutions from the ground-up during a technical interview
- 3+ years experience with front end development using Angular, Angular.js, or React
- 3+ years experience building application APIs with node.js
- 3+ years of experience developing using relational and non-relational databases.
Exposure to a mix of the following technologies:
- Database technologies: MongoDB, Oracle, MS SQL, Redis
- Testing and/or automation frameworks: Selenium, Jasmine, Karma, etc
- Code maintenance: Experience with Git, TFS, or similar source control system
- Build system: Jenkins, TFS
Experience and Personal Traits:
- Strong problem-solving ability with a desire to always be learning
- Team player: willingness to pair program, strong collaboration within the team as well as with external groups including other development teams, operations, QA, database, and business partners
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) and an ability to communicate with internal and external customers at all levels, including management/non-technical audiences
- Understand Agile and scrum methodologies
- Highly accountable, ethical, and dependable to do what is needed in fulfilling job role responsibilities
- Demonstrated passion for continued learning and bringing new technologies, design patterns, and professional practices to a team