IT Help Desk Technician
ARL Bio Pharma
Oklahoma City, OK
Provide user support and customer service on company-supported computer applications and platforms. Troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action. This is a safety sensitive position as defined by state and federal laws that will require repairing, maintaining or monitoring the performance or operation of any safety equipment, laboratory equipment, machinery, laboratory process, or manufacturing process, the malfunction or disruption of which could result in injury or property damage. As a "safety sensitive" classification, you will be subject to drug and alcohol testing, including random testing. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Research questions using available information resources.
- Advise the user on appropriate action.
- Follow standard help desk procedures.
- Log all help desk interactions.
- Administer help desk software.
- Redirect problems to correct resource.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions.
- Prepare activity reports.
- Inform management of recurring problems.
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates.
- Adherence to all ARL safety standards, policies, procedures and protocols.
- Positive attitude
- Customer service orientation
- Team interaction
- Attention to detail
- Oral and written communication skills
- Learning skills
- Problem analysis
- Planning and organizing
- Stress tolerance
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Work schedule will be Monday through Friday between 8am-5 pm working approximately 20 hours per week. This position may require occasional weekend work.
No travel required for this position currently.
Required Education and Experience
- CompTIA A+ Certified preferred
- Working knowledge of relevant software, hardware, and other equipment preferred
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices preferred
ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Improper interference with the ability of ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.