IT Lead Support Analyst
Live the experience. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability—and is recognized that way. We’ve been defined as a “mature start-up.” A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions drives us and is core to who we are.
We’re engineering for the future of retail, and it’s no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you’ll find that virtually nothing’s impossible at Ulta Beauty.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Lead Support Analyst is a member of a talented, geographically dispersed support team. They provide technical support across a wide range of technologies for office and floor associates in ULTA’s fast-paced distribution center environment supporting end user hardware, software, RF and printer technology at the distribution center.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops procedures and documentation for applications support. Advises on application security, licensing, upgrades, backups, and disaster recovery needs.
- Reviews and maintains the service compliance of all IT and service assets in line with business and regulatory requirements involving knowledge of financial and technical processes, tools and techniques.
- Identifies and carries out the administration of IT assets in one or more significant areas, ensuring that administration of the acquisition, storage, distribution, movement and disposal of assets is carried out. Produces and analyses registers and histories of authorized assets and verifies that all these assets are in a known state and location. Acts to highlight and resolve potential instances of unauthorized assets such as unlicensed copies of software.
- Assesses, analyses, creates, documents, presents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Manages the prioritization and diagnosis of incidents according to agreed procedures. Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution. Manages the escalation of unresolved incidents. Coordinates recovery, following resolution of incidents. Manages the documentation and closure of resolved incidents according to agreed procedures.
- Carries out agreed operational infrastructure procedures, including configuration, installation and maintenance. Contributes to maintenance, installation and problem resolution. Uses standard procedures and tools to carry out defined requirements.
- Assists in investigation and resolution of network problems. Assists with specified maintenance procedures.
- Undertakes and reviews actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services. Assesses problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Uses system management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carries out agreed system software maintenance tasks. Prepares and maintains operational documentation for system software.
- Undertakes routine installations and de-installations of items of hardware and/or software. Takes action to ensure targets are met within established safety and quality procedures, including, where appropriate, handover to the client. Conducts tests of hardware and/or software using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools. Corrects malfunctions, calling on other experienced colleagues and external resources if required. Documents details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated. Develops installation procedures and standards, and schedules installation work. Provides specialist guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues to ensure best use is made of available assets, and to maintain or improve the installation service.
- Liaises as the routine contact point, receiving and handling requests for support. Carries out a broad range of service requests for support by providing information to fulfill requests or enable resolution. Investigates in order to provide diagnosis and allocates unresolved issues as appropriate. Contributes to creation of support documentation.
- Provides guidance in defining access rights and privileges.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a PC support role
- Previous team leadership experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Emphasis on customer service
- Advanced knowledge of RF scanner and printer technology
- Working knowledge of wired and wireless network technologies
- Hands-on experience supporting Zebra, Honeywell, HP hardware and other Intel based-hardware platforms
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners
- Off-Hours support including on-call rotation participation required
- Minimal travel required to trainings/conferences
COLORADO PAY RANGE
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.