Work closely with regional and global teams to provide ongoing support for the global network infrastructure
- Manage NOC shift rotation with peer managers to ensure 24x7 NOC coverage, including establishing turnover procedures and act as escalation for the shift team
- Responsible for overall incident, and requests and change management during designated shift
Perform network configuration changes in accordance with change management process.
Support configuration changes/implementations on Router, switches, Firewalls, load balancers and proxies
- Respond to alerts by following documented procedures for verifying, determining the case and resolving or escalating as necessary
Perform root cause analysis for service interruption recovery, creating preventative measures to deploy in the enterprise
Create and maintain network documentation as it relates to network configuration, network diagrams and processes.
- Ensures that all process and procedures have been implemented, understood and followed for their responsible shift
- Review incident reports provided by vendors, as well as draft internal incident summary reports to senior management when called for
- Participate in on-call rotation, shift work and regular weekend work.
- Active coaching, mentoring and managing team members to foster a team-oriented, operational excellence driven professional culture
- Provide leadership in network operations support locally and collaboratively with global peer
Minimum 5years experience in IT infrastructure engineering/support role
- Minimum 2 years experiencein managing NOC team
Advance knowledge of network routing and switching technologies and protocols
Extensive hands-on experience with various Cisco equipment, including routers, switches and firewalls
Extensive hands-on experience with CheckPoint, Cisco firewalls, load balancers and proxies
- Working experience within a NOC environment and have exposure to multiple platform environments, with experience of working shift to cover 24 x 7
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple initiatives in the execution of daily operations
Good academic background with a degree or equivalent qualification in Information technology, Business Studies, Computing or relevant subject.
- Working knowledge of Cisco routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
- Working knowledge of technologies such as VXLAN, and Cloud deployments.
- Hands on experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers/switches Implementation and troubleshooting knowledge of Firewalls (ASA/Checkpoints), F5 Load Balancer and WiFi is a plus
- Strong understanding of traffic flow across complex network deployments; able to identify issues from a physical link through to application level.
- Hands on experience in deploying vendor/client connectivity over VPN, point to point or MPLS links
Scripting and Programming skills for phyton, bash, vbscript, etc.
Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
CCNPCisco / CCSA Check Point certification or higher a plus
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work under tight timelines and pressure
- Demonstrates a high level of presentation skill and the ability to communicate confidently and clearly with seniors, peers and subordinates, regardless of the office locale