Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
We hire those who display our values, have deep expertise in serving clients and are passionate about advances in the IT space. We look for people who have a motivational commitment to excellence, offer a personal approach to service, enjoy a challenge and are dedicated to pursuing growth and learning.
Purpose of Position:
Provides advanced support to end-users for PC hardware, operating systems, software applications, peripherals, Installations and device imaging. Responds to, diagnose and troubleshoot problems through discussion with users, to restore service and/or identify and correct problems. Daily operational requirements include excellent communications and customer service skills. Position requires individual to closely interact with end users diplomatically and technically.
Work hours and days to be established by contract requirements. Overtime and after hour on call will be required for this position as necessary for after hour support.
The Main Responsibilities
Day to Day Operation Skills:
- Provides on-site service support, installation, configuration and problem resolution in PC /Network environments.
- Provides advanced degree of technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment and serves as customer contact on technical and service related problems.
- Diagnoses and repairs mechanical, hardware, software and system failures using established procedures.
- Act as the primary provider of technical support to desktop and laptop computer users for hardware, OS, and application issues for all end users including Executive Level customers.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Must have the technical ability to provide desk side support for computer and printer hardware, common software applications, Microsoft OS issues.
- Must be a proficient user of personal computer tools for word processing, decision support and communication. Must be skilled in problem solving techniques and repair.
- Experience utilizing remote support tools for end user support; diagnostic and repair
- Ability to troubleshoot, configure end user mobile devices i.e.: Smart Devices, iPad, iPhone, Tablets, Android devices
- Able to understand technical concepts and can develop ways to help others learn. Ability to solve complex problems with innovative solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to quickly and proactively gain an understanding of the client's business problems and deliver solutions and recommendations to solve.
- Executive Support experience a must - must have excellent communication skills.
- Experience: 5+ years providing end user Desk side computer support with focus in two or more of the following areas: Desktop software (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, Communication protocols TCP/IP Desktop hardware (PCs, printers, device drivers), Microsoft Office 2007 /2010 / 365.
- Monitor and update Service Desk incident tracking tickets for purposes of demonstrating compliance with issue response and resolution, Service Level Agreements, logging daily activities and documenting solutions
- Function as primary point of contact and communication with customer from assignment of ticket to successful resolution of issue, including scheduling work and keeping customer aware of work status and solution progress.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good understanding of OS; Windows 7 , 8 and 10 issues
- Experience providing Imaging of Laptops and Desktop PC’s
- Experience performing installations, moves, software and hardware adds and changes to end users IT equipment.
- Experience in end user support using remote support tools
- Experience supporting VIP and executive staff
- Ability to update device bios or drivers
- Ability to effectively research issues encountered and effectively resolve
- Ability to interact with resolver groups to diagnose and resolve problems when possible.
- Ability to document process and procedures for self-help and for informational troubleshooting for other resolver groups
- Ability to perform end users adds, changes, deletions and password resets in Active Directory
- Ability to support end user mobile smart devices i.e.: Apple iPad, Apple iPhones, Android, Tablets
- Experience with installation and support of Network Devices i.e.: routers, switches, wireless access points
- 5+ years’ experience providing Deskside support to end users
- Associates Degree / Technical School graduate or equivalent Military experience considered
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Proactive approach to customer service
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve PC Laptop and Desktop hardware and application issues
- Experience in providing end user support utilizing remote management tools
- Ability to support end user mobile smart devices
- Ability to perform installation, move add and changes to end user desktop environment
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve end user network connectivity issues
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently prioritizing daily operational objectives for support
- Active Directory experience
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Office 2007, 2010, 365
- Image creation and management
- Experience using SCCM
- Ticket / Queue management
- ITIL Foundation
- Apple MAC OS and HW support
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Office 2007, 2010 and Office 365
- Hardware diagnosing and repair of PC, laptop devices, printers
- Networking – TCP/IP, Remote Connectivity VPN, Wireless network support
- Windows Server (recommended)
- Apple Macintosh support experience (optional)
Requisition #: 258237
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Lumen Technologies, Inc
Lumen is an enterprise technology platform that enables companies to capitalize on emerging applications and power the 4th Industrial Revolution (4IR). This revolution is redefining how we live and work, creating an unprecedented need for an advanced application delivery architecture—designed specifically to handle the complex and data-intensive workloads of next-gen technology and businesses.
We integrate network assets, cloud connectivity, security solutions and voice and collaboration tools into one platform that enables businesses to leverage their data and adopt next-generation technologies.