The Itinerant Physical Therapist ensures physical therapy operations, services and trainings are being rendered in accordance with established policies, procedures and Nova Medical Centers’ physical therapy treatment philosophy across the nation. Assignments are 18 months in length and as directed by the Director of Physical Therapy Professional Development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Leadership Responsibilities
- Ensures continuous enforcement and compliance with Nova Medical Centers’ policies, procedures and protocols.
- Meets Key Performance Indicators and Core Competencies
- Carries out business practices and personnel policies for all staff with ethical conduct treatment standards.
- Participates in the training of the department team.
- Participates with territory Physical Therapy - Market Director, Medical Director and Associate Director of Clinic Operations in overseeing daily operations and conflict resolution amongst professional staff.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team and corporate meetings.
- Promotes professional milieu and demeanor while providing physical therapy services.
- Ensures compliance with Nova Medical Centers’ physical therapy treatment philosophy.
- Conducts chart reviews and provides individual clinical advice to therapy team members.
- Coordinates and participates in professional development and continued competency.
- Coordinates with Vice-President of Physical Therapy, Director of Physical Therapy Professional Development and Director of Human Resources to make arrangements for clinic visits, including making travel arrangements and housing accommodations as needed.
- Ensures compliance with the rules, regulations and practice acts established by the relevant examining, licensing, accrediting and certification bodies.
- Responsible for accessing schedules and insuring each facility is appropriately staffed, as such must be able to access schedules and coordinate staffing 24 hours a day.
- Meets with the Director of Physical Therapy Professional Development and or other team leaders on a regular basis, including off-site locations, to discuss quality of patient care, review policies and procedures, attend training sessions and/or educational seminars and other meetings as required.
- Provides input on facility space planning, capital equipment and/or suggest and/or validate additional equipment.
- Monitors and maintains the role and relationship of the physical therapy team with other professional and ancillary staff.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Extensive Travel Required.
- Master’s degree or higher in Physical Therapy
- Current state licensure and the ability to obtain multiple state licensures
- CPR certification or the ability to obtain
- Extensive continuing education in manual therapies and/or sports medicine concepts
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record, proof of auto insurance and reliable transportation.
Position Related Experience
- Proven effective communication with a wide range of patients, clients and customers including management, claims, legal, medical sales, service providers and companies.
- Ability to exercise proper judgment, make decisions and motivate employees.
Physical ability to execute job responsibilities which include extensive travel including the adaptability to a variety of lodging accommodations and travel circumstances.