Janitorial Worker / Full-Time / Days
Chestnut Health Systems
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Janitorial Worker for our Maryville, IL location, servicing the Metro East and St. Louis, MO areas.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Take immediate action to secure any unsafe conditions when noted. Report such conditions to the Facilities Manager.
- Maintain the cleanliness of assigned building(s) as directed in the Facilities Department Building Environmental Services Policy. This includes deep cleaning using floor care machinery to strip and wax VCT flooring and using extractors on carpeted flooring.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the residence or building(s) and grounds ensuring all are litter free.
- Maintain all bathroom and kitchen areas as outlined in the Facilities Department Building Environmental Services Policy.
- Perform Environmental Services (janitorial) duties (i.e., maintaining all horizontal and vertical surfaces to ensure clean condition, hauling trash and recycle bins).
- Perform high-level detail cleaning in detox residential areas.
- Complete assigned work orders.
- Perform room setups including furniture and equipment moves.
- Unload and stock food.
- Provide support and backup to other team members as necessary.
- Adhere to agency personnel policies, including but not limited to, dress code, client care, and appropriate client boundaries.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities, including but not limited to, financial and client information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in the following areas is preferred:
- One (1) year performing basic Environmental Services (janitorial);
- Cleaning kitchens, restrooms, and floor care within a commercial building;
- Building maintenance support;
- And operating commercial carpet and tile floor machines.
- Must possess good communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to work independently and work flexible hours as needed.
- Must be able to lift and push a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb and work off a ladder.
- Basic computer skills desirable with experience in MS Word and Outlook.
- Prefer individual to have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and meet standards for agency auto insurance coverage.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled