Java Developer (Front End| Oracle| XML| CSS| W2 only)
Spectraforce Technologies Inc
New Brunswick, NJ
Title: Java Front End Developer
Location: New Brunswick, NJ 08903
Duration: 6 Months (Possible extension)
Note: The candidate must be able to work onsite once the WFH policy is lifted, so local is preferred. Those not local will be considered if they are willing to relocate at their own expense.
- 5+ years of Java
- 3+ years of Oracle
- 3+ years of XML
- 3+ years of Weblogic
- 3+ years Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- 3+ years of HTML
Create applications from detailed specifications using specified programming language(s)
• Develops software applications solutions, of intermediate, to complex complexity, for all or part of an assigned project.
• Develops, codes, tests, debugs, and documents applications systems to achieve the objectives of the client group relative to identified system needs. These systems may be new, replacement of existing systems, or significant modifications of existing software modules.
• Implements activities that impact mid-level components of the functional area. Participate in the review of requirements, design, code and supporting documentation. Design, develop and test software as part of new product and maintenance development. Help investigate issues and support production systems. Mentor less experienced staff as necessary.
• 5+ years of software development experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
• Well versed with modern software development methods and best practices
• Ability to initiate and participate in design/architecture creation and review.
• Owning the product cycle from cradle to grave and continuous improvement.
• Familiarity with OO concepts
• Ability to work well with a variety of people
• Some experience using source control, like Subversion .
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team, and follow coding standards
• Demonstrated experience with REST, creating RESTful services
• Ensure that each system developed follows the standard systems development policies.
Create applications from detailed specifications using specified programming language(s).
• Code, test, debug, document and maintain programs.
• Good understanding of DB and interactions with web tools (Oracle, Sql Server, MySQL).
• Good understanding of HTTP request life cycle.
• Should have good hands-on in Web Application development using the latest UI & Java technologies, browsers.
• Good understanding of Object Oriented design and programming methodologies.
• Experience with SVN version control applications and build process
• Experience with Web Services.
• Experience with WebLogic, Tomcat, WildFly (Nice to have).
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience with multi-tiered architectures.
• Java (JDK 1.7/1.8), JSP, Servlets, Struts
• J2EE (JMS, EJB).
• Spring, Hibernate
• Siteminder / LDAP integration (Nice to have).
• Junit (Nice to have).
• ANT , Maven.
• XML and XSD Technologies. (Nice to have)
• Quality reviews of code developed by other development staff.
• An understanding of and experience with full software development lifecycle including functional & technical specification, development on object oriented design, documentation, QA processes, source control, maintenance and deployment.
• Designs for more complex integration with other applications/technologies.
• Develops test plans and test scripts.
• Experience with HP ALM (Nice to have).
• Understanding of application architecture.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, SPECTRAFORCE and the assigned client reserve the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Benefits: SPECTRAFORCE offers ACA compliant health benefits as well as dental, vision, accident, and hospital indemnity insurances. Additional benefits SPECTRAFORCE offers to the eligible employees include commuter benefits, 401K plan with matching and a referral bonus program. SPECTRAFORCE offers unpaid leave as well as paid sick leave when required by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SPECTRAFORCE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Please contact Human Resources at NAhr@spectraforce.com if you require a reasonable accommodation.