Java/J2EE Developer/Big Data
RMS Computer Corporation
The Regulatory Hub Core project is seeking a proven Big Data developer to join our expanding team of developers in Tampa. The team is enhancing and rolling out a next generation regulatory reporting system on a global scale.
• Design, develop, test and monitor solutions consistent with the standards of the global project team
• Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
• Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
• Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
• Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
• Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
• Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Major GloabalBankgroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
• 5-8 years of relevant experience
• Strong hands-on experience of J2EE technologies and architecture including multi-threading
• Strong hands-on experience of Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, MongoDB, Spark, Storm, Kafka).
• Must have good knowledge of NoSQL, RDBMS, Impala and/or Hive
• Experience in Financial industry will be an advantage.
• Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
• Ability to work with a geographically distributed and diversified workforce
• Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Please see our complete list of jobs at:
About the Company
RMS Computer Corporation
RMS Computer Corporation (a certified MWBE) is committed to providing our clients with the highest quality technical resources available in the market today. We focus on identifying candidates with exceptional technological expertise and educational background to provide our clients with both individual staffing and complete project solutions. With more than 20 years experience coupled with our commitment to best practices, RMS continues to focus on delivering the best affordable resources in the fastest response time for our clients' growing technological needs.