Must Possess valid Journeyman's license or state electrical license.
Position Summary: Electrician will install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment and associated AC and DC electrical and electronic controls.
- The Electrician executes the timely and correct performance of scheduled assignments, work requests and projects.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine correct layout and troubleshoot of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, Ethernet and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices
- Research and specify repair parts from manuals and computer sources
- Commitment to participate in continuous improvement efforts to optimize reliability and value
- Must possess current and valid Journeyman license or state electrical license.
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in process-driven electrical maintenance position.
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good eyesight, hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good physical health, strength and stamina
- Ability to work alone and as a member of a team.
- Technical Skills:
- Ability to read drawings and blueprints and interpret specifications
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures
- Ability to understand and apply industry standards for installation, repairs and safety
- Ability to operate power tools and equipment
- Ability to operate computer-based equipment
- Familiarity with computerized IWMS/CMMS work order process
- Adaptability to work in a diverse environment, focusing on customer satisfaction under high-stress conditions, and organize an effective response to day-to-day requirements, and one-of-a-kind extremes
- Communications skills that invite credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment among key stakeholders in operations, critical facilities, events, and line supervisors
- Responsiveness to supervisory direction, productivity, quality and commitment
- Administrative coordination, regarding job assignments, productivity, time management
- Demonstrated ability to learn maintenance skills.
- Demonstrated skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skills in using predictive maintenance techniques and simplified root cause analysis of equipment failures.
- Ability to provide technical guidance to non-technical or production operators.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Electrical aptitude
- Knowledge of the operating practices of preventive maintenance.