COME AND WORK FOR A GROWING COMPANY! This is a FULL TIME, BENEFIT ELIGIBLE position responsible for supervising the daily operations of a portfolio of properties, interprets and implements management procedures based on the approved Management Plan for each property in accordance with Housing Visions policy and relevant governmental regulations. Oversees and directs operations of a current portfolio of up to 500 multi-family units within scattered-site affordable and supportive housing projects. Provides ongoing support to all site level staff in multiple rental offices in assigned portfolio. Works in coordination with Facilities Manager, Area & Compliance Manager and Asset Manager to carry out all responsibilities of portfolio. TYPICAL WORK HOURS MONDAY-FRIDAY 7:30AM-4:00PM WITH SUMMER HOURS. Travel Requirement 40-50% to various sites.
- Ensure rent collection at all rental offices. Review delinquency and work with staff to minimize accounts receivable
- Responsible for preparation of annual project budgets
- Analyze monthly and quarterly performance and budget projections; compare to management plan and budget; adjust strategies accordingly
- Provide information and collaborate with Asset Manager on Budgets and Capital Improvement Schedules. Ensure that capital improvements and equipment purchases are bid out and completed per schedule
- Involvement with bidding process/contract execution/required documents from outside vendors.
- Assist site staff with obtaining and submitting information on incident/accidents and follow up with any required documentation still needed
- Analyze and track reporting from site staff
- Prepare and participate in unit/property inspections and State/Investor Audits/reporting
- Assist with ongoing marketing/outreach
- Conduct monthly audits to monitor for any issues in portfolio. Follow up on any concerns found.
- Human Resources functions: work with site staff to navigate new hire process, training of new hires and ongoing training of existing staff, staff discipline and termination, assisting staff with performance reviews
- Work with site staff to navigate extermination process
- Perform regular physical inspections of the grounds and buildings
- Spearhead active lease-ups in conjunction with Asset Manager
- Respond to inquiries and complaints from residents and appeals that will be upheld. Attend court and /or hearings when necessary
- Assist in all assigned rental offices when needed for regular staffing, training, etc.
- Train new hires and provide ongoing staff training as needed
- Handle construction warranty issues that arise with new projects
- Attend corporate meetings as pertains to position, for example internal standardization meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Tax Credit Certification a plus
- Desire to excel in work for the benefit of the company mission
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to develop and maintain positive, professional and collaborative relationships
- Strong organizational skills
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations
- Ability to have flexibility and support the team as needed
- Excellent time management and attention to detail Required documents must be collected and submitted punctually and accurately
- Proficiency in Microsoft software products including Excel, Word and Outlook preferred Ability to learn new software in a timely manner
- Experience with Boston Post software preferred
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CREDENTIALS AND LICENSES:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in business, real estate development or related field preferred, or 3-5 years experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to provide strong leadership in property management practices and techniques.
- Supervisory experience required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of property management experience required, including experience with Tax Credits or Subsidized Housing.
- Valid driverâ€™s license with no major restrictions required.
- Must be able to meet the requirements of a Drug Free Workplace.
- Valid driverâ€™s license with no restrictions required. Motor vehicle record must be acceptable to company selected insurance carrier.
- Supervises Property Manager(s), Community Manager(s), Assistant Property Manager(s), Leasing Assistant(s) and any temporary or seasonal employees assigned to properties.
- Ability to work in an office environment sitting and working at a computer for large portions of the work day.