Location: New York, NY/Remote
Duration: 12 months with possible extension and possible contract to hire
- This is part of an intern program that allows entry level candidates the opportunity to get into the bank and have opportunity for visibility and career growth.
- This is a paid internship within Client's Global Banking and Markets Internal Audit team. Our team is responsible for auditing Global Banking (Investment Banking, Capital Markets), Global Markets (Sales & Trading Front Office, Operations BackOffice, Product Control, Market Risk), Securities Services (Custody, Trust Services), and Global Liquidity and Cash Management business. We provide independent, objective assurance to management as to whether their risk management and controls are adequate and in line with internal and Regulatory requirements.
This is an opportunity to work on a top performing, global internal audit team while gaining valuable exposure to Global Banking and Markets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the team throughout the audit process (planning, fieldwork, and reporting)
- Analyzing internal controls and processes in order to contribute to audit work papers
- Participating in meetings and calls with stakeholders
- Data administration in the audit database
- Ad hoc projects including preparing presentations for Audit Management and Regulators
The contractor will be part of the audit team to help with audits. The first part of the role is meeting with stakeholders and understanding risk the business faces and running that audit. Second majority of time will involve admin tasks. There will be data management/system management and data entry. The team needs someone who can learn the business fairly quickly and really be able to contribute to the audit work.
Looking for recent graduates or currently in school graduating soon and can work full time. Would consider someone who was a 2019 graduate and is looking for a professional position to gain entry into the bank. The team does not want to see seasoned professionals who have been in careers. This is meant to give opportunity at an entry level career role.
Need someone who is self-motivated and willing to help the team as whole. Someone who has natural curiosity and the will to learn.
TOP must-have skills:
- Candidate must have completed an undergraduate degree or be graduating soon.
- Demonstrable interest in working in the financial services industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and the ability to balance multiple projects.
- Self-motivated and highly accountable.
- Team player who is comfortable working with individuals at all levels.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office applications and able to learn new software quickly.
Someone with 3.2 GPA who is recently graduated or graduating soon.
Based on performance.
- Outstanding academic background, preferably with a degree in finance, business or related field.
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.