Reporting to the Site Leader, a Junior Coach at Boston Red Sox Baseball Camps is responsible for the safety, enjoyment, and development of every ballplayer under their care. Our Junior Coaches provide their ballplayers with guidance and instruction throughout the camp day, always encouraging a respectful and positive atmosphere so that each player experiences success while at camp. Junior Coaches must possess the ability to communicate with a variety of ages, interest, and skill levels as well as have an enthusiasm for baseball and/or softball while approaching each day and its unique challenges with energy, patience, and a sense of humor.
What You'll Do:
- Facilitate Baseball Curriculum. We believe the best Junior Coaches don’t just sit on a bucket all day. We show up every day ready to work and expect our Junior Coaches to do the same. To truly provide the best experience, Junior Coaches must master and execute the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps curriculum, schedules, polices, and safety protocols with high energy, integrity, and passion.
- Build Your Foundation. Preparation is key and through Headfirst Professional Sports Camps online and in-person trainings, you will continue to develop your love for the game and the commitment you have made to your team this summer. Through studying, learning, and then immersing yourself in the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps Baseball curriculum, each day you will provide an experience that will not be forgotten.
- Provide Unrivaled Experiences. You will lead ballplayers through VIP stadium visits and player meet-and-greets. This once in a lifetime experience gives you and your team a behind the scenes look at an official Major League Baseball club while you ensure the safety, well-being, and enjoyment of all participants.
- Work on a Team. We take our job seriously and are proud of the work we do. On this team you will demonstrate ethical and professional behavior in working with ballplayers, their families, fellow team members, leadership, headquarters, and facility partners while upholding the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps mission at all times.
- Handle the Curveballs. We believe obstacles are temporary and embrace any challenge as an opportunity to improve. As a member of our team you may be asked to step out of your comfort zone to help problem-solve, lend a helping hand, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- About You:
- Between 16 and 17 years of age (if 18 or older, please apply for the Coach position).
- Experience playing baseball/softball during high school years.
- At least one (1) year's experience teaching, coaching, or working with children.
- You are:
- Highly Motivated. A self-starter who approaches professional hurdles with a strong sense of individual responsibility and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- A Coachable Teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through self-reflection, and by both providing and receiving constructive performance feedback.
- A Leader Through Action. Always doing the right thing is how we conduct business. You have the ability to be a vocal, energetic, and enthusiastic leader who possesses the charisma, passion, and polish to serve as an ambassador of The Headfirst Companies.
- Passionate. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
What You'll Gain:
- Customer and Client Interactions: Our campers and their families come from a diverse range of backgrounds. As one of the go-to leadership representatives on-site, you’ll learn to handle all aspects of customer interactions with respect and confidence.
- Exposure to a professional environment: We expect a lot of our team, but we strive to give you as much in return through consistent feedback, fair expectations, and value-based incentives. From time-management to communication skills – our team members grow as professionals.
- Group Management: Here, you’re more than just a coach. You will be a role model, superhero and leader for your group of campers by fostering a safe and competitive environment.
Dates & Locations:
- June 21 - June 25: Belmont Hill School
- June 28 - July 2: Roxbury Latin School in West Roxbury, MA
- July 5 - July 9: OFF
- July 12 - July 16: Hellenic College - Holy Cross in Brookline, MA
- July 19 - July 23: Hellenic College - Holy Cross in Brookline, MA
- July 26 - July 30: Shore Country Day School in Beverly, MA
- August 2 - August 6: Roxbury Latin School in West Roxbury, MA
- August 9 - August 13: M.I.T. in Cambridge, MA
- August 16 - August 20: OFF
- August 23 - August 27: Location TBD
Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We value diversity and inclusivity across our Headfirst community, and we strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.