Junior Data Scientist
Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments.
We are currently sourcing for a Junior Data Scientist to work in Durham, North Carolina, Boston Massachusetts, or Merrimack, New Hampshire.
The Fidelity Enterprise Services Advanced Technology for Investment Management identifies projects to continually strengthen investment decision and portfolio construction insights and support personalized investment goals. The Team works within an innovation ecosystem that includes partners from investment, client relations, technology and centralized R&D units. Fidelity Enterprise Services Advanced Technology seeks cross-domain authorities with backgrounds that connect investment management, machine learning and technology implementation. We cultivate success through a rigorous approach that builds, tests, and iterates as we learn and seek results-oriented processes and problems in investment management.
The Expertise You Have
- Pursuing PhD or Master's degree in computer science, statistics, data science, computational financial engineering or related fields
- 2+ years of academy course/project training on fixed income
- Proficiency coding in with Python, Java, Scala, or R
- Familiar with big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, or other tools
- Proven success building machine learning models to solve real-world problems
- Hands-on experience with AWS is highly preferred
- Proficient in advanced SQL, Bloomberg and/or FactSet API
The Skills You Bring
- You have passion for the financial markets, products, and processes (including: Fixed Income Instruments/Analytics, Asset Pricing Models/Instruments and Multi-Factor Risk Models)
- You have professional knowledge with statistical models, predictive models and time series analysis (such as regression, classification, simulation, dimension reduction)
- You have solid mathematical background of solving common optimization problems (including: linear/nonlinear/integer programming)
- You have hands-on experience in developing and evaluating machine learning models on large scale datasets
- You have meticulous attention to detail and unquestioned integrity
- You are a fast learner and a good standout colleague
The Value You Deliver
- Advancing the research and development of AI/ML methods as components in the delivery of innovative investment management technology solutions
- Designing and implementing portfolio risk and optimization techniques to deliver industry differentiated capabilities
- Effective partnering across Fidelity’s technology, AI Center of Excellence and investment teams business
Fidelity TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s supportive and collaborative culture while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at FTSJobs.com.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging. HR@ftsjobs.com
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.