Allegro is a respected leader in the senior living industry, actively engaged in ownership, operations, design, development and property management services for multiple luxury brands throughout the US, with corporate headquarters located in St. Louis, MO.
At Crane's View Lodge in Clermont, you'll discover the joys of inspired senior living. We care a lot about the people we serve. So we work hard to help you continue to enjoy friends, family, hobbies, and to provide all the little things that make your life meaningful and unique. Our warm, comforting and engaging environment will delight you every day. Demand the best for the rest of your life. Live the Inspired Life at Crane's View Lodge.
The primary responsibility of the Kitchen Assistant is to set tables, bus tables, wash dishes, assist the Cook as needed and complete cleaning duties. Maintaining a clean kitchen/dining area and a positive social environment for the residents are most important.
Areas of Responsibility
- Thoroughly wash all dishes, cookware, flatware and utensils.
- Properly maintain all dishwashing equipment.
- Monitor water temperature and/or chemical compounds as appropriate to ensure the prevention of food borne illness and the spread of communicable disease.
- Clean all work areas following established cleaning schedules.
- Prepare, wash and store dishes following each meal.
- Assist in serving, if needed.
- Assist Cooks in preparing foods and cleaning food serving areas and equipment.
- Set up serving carts for each meal as required.
- Assist in busing tables and prepare dishes for washing.
- Clean dining room tables and chairs. Vacuum and clean dining room area.
- Assist serving associates in preparing the dining room for the next meal service.
- Assist in laundering and pressing linens and other washable items used in the Dining Services area.
- Deliver and retrieve trays to resident apartments as needed.
- Work as part of the Dining Services team to ensure smooth, efficient and safe operation of the kitchen.
- Help contribute to high quality Dining Services operations by paying attention to food presentation and taste, and courteous responses to residents and associates during meal service.
- Adhere to prescribed sanitation practices and procedures.
- Attend and participate in all meetings and training as directed by Company policy and the Dining Services Director.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when on duty.
- Be constantly watchful of signs that residents are not able to function independently or a change in resident's behavior. Report all signs to the Dining Services Director following the Company policies and procedures.
- Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the Dining Services Director as discovered and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with all regulations regarding residents' rights.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, associate, Community and Company information deemed as such.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of six (6) months food service (or related field) preferred.
- Must be flexible/adaptable, pay attention to detail, and have a good sense of teamwork.
- Must have an awareness of safety practices.
- Must possess, or be willing to obtain, current food handler permit and certification of Hepatitis A vaccinations where required.
- Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening.
- Must pass a physical having no signs or symptoms of a communicable disease including tuberculosis where required. Freedom from tuberculosis must be documented on an annual basis where required.
- The Community is a drug free workplace; associates are subject to adherence to the Company Drug Free Workplace policy.
Allegro is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.