Freebirds World Burrito is an Austin, TX based fast-casual restaurant brand featuring fresh ingredients. We're seeking energetic and motivated team members (We call them our Tribe ) to foster our unique, fun-loving environment. Must have a proven track record of getting results by utilizing the strengths of a team. Successful candidates will have a history of helping grow sales and providing outstanding customer services to our loyal guests.
Why work for Freebirds?
• Pay: Up to $12-14/hour (including tips)
• Employee Meal Discounts
• Healthcare as low as $5 per month*
• Flexible Schedules
• Refer a Friend and Get Rewarded $$
• Career Development Opportunities
• Expert on both hot side and cold side of kitchen, griller, and runner.
• Handling of raw proteins in a safe manner at all times.
• Knows how to work all kitchen equipment.
• Understands the impact of waste and follows proper procedures for waste reduction.
• Knows how to and assist with opening and breakdown of grill (proper closing and cleaning procedures).
• Oversee cooking of all proteins for the line ensuring great quality.
• Maintain solid pace throughout the shift.
• Communicate with the food runner/kitchen to ensure product levels are maintained.
• Maintain kitchen safety standards.
• Labels and dates all product accurately, using sure date system.
• Cleaning equipment, as assigned, thoroughly and in a timely fashion according to Freebirds standards.
• Practices FIFO (First In, First Out), when restocking items on the line.
• Keeps stations clean and organized throughout shift.
• Demonstrates the ability to recognize when food does not meet standards and corrects the issue.
• Works and communicates effectively with cold side kitchen station to ensure prep lists is completed.
• Understands and utilizes prep calculator prep sheets.
• Trained on safe, effective use of cleaning chemicals and knows how to properly store chemicals.