Kitchen Manager / Executive Chef
STIX, the largest restaurant/entertainment facility in Ludington Michigan is set to open soon! Located at the Y intersection of Lakeshore and M116 with over 20,000 square feet, STIX will consist of a state of the art bowling center, unmatched restaurant & bar and an outdoor beer garden. Ludington is located on the coast of Lake Michigan and is a great area to live, filled with a plethora of outdoor and recreational activities. Year-round festivals and events throughout the area bring something for everyone to enjoy.
STIX is looking for a Kitchen Manager to lead the Back of The House. The Kitchen Manager is responsible for the success of the kitchen day-to-day operations and will oversee all kitchen staff.
The Kitchen Manager will ensure that the restaurant operates within the STIX guidelines, while meeting/exceeding sales and profitability objectives. Responsible for the proper execution and operation of the kitchen department. The Kitchen Manager will ensure that all guests leave happy and satisfied as the kitchen team prepares and serves exceptional food!
- Effectively and efficiently manage the kitchen by following the best practices of the Company to ensure guest satisfaction and profit maximization.
- Managed day to day operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision making, Team Member support, Guest interaction, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Optimize profit by scheduling labor efficiently and ordering food and supplies to maintain appropriate inventory, porting correctly, minimize waste, etc.
- Immediately communicate equipment problems, practice good preventative maintenance on kitchen assets.
- Increase sales by ensuring guest satisfaction and prompt problem resolution.
- Exercise good judgment and decision making in escalating concerns and aggressively resolve issues.
- Ensure the environment in the restaurant supports the goals and values of the company.
- Maintain food quality standards for the restaurant. Oversee all phases of food procurement, production and service, including inventory and ordering, storage and rotation, food preparation, recipe adherence, plate presentation, and service and production time standards.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen by maintaining to specific standards, passing Health Department audits with goals set from Owner, and training staff on proper sanitation guidelines.
- Responsible for compliance with local, state and federal safety codes.
- Responsible to follow all MIOSHA, MDHHA and CDC orders and guidance with regards to COVID-19 rules.
- Oversees quality food preparation, ensuring compliance with health, safety, food handling, and hygiene standards
- Understand and estimate food and beverage costs.
- Manage inventory and purchase food and supplies.
- Conducts daily inspection of restaurant and equipment to ensure compliance with health, safety, food handling, and hygiene standards.
- Periodically evaluates kitchen equipment for repairs and maintenance; schedules for service.
- Collaborates with the General Manager and Owners to develop appetizing menus and specials.
- Prepares and submits operations reports and other documentation.
- Monitor and manage kitchen employee schedules.
- Direct and indirect involvement in interview, hiring and training of employees.
- Participate in growth initiatives for STIX.
- Ensure an efficient process focused on quality and exceptional customer service.
- Review and report on monthly financial performance and make business adjustments as needed to assure maximum profitability.
- Participate in meetings.
- Assure department adherence to all policies and procedures to assure compliance standards.
- Perform Human Resource functions as assigned or as necessary.
- Monitor purchasing to assure appropriate inventory and cost containment are achieved.
- Assure a healthy, positive work environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports company mission, standards, policies and procedures, employee handbook, confidentiality standards and the code of ethical conduct.
- Serve as a leader through example.
- Serve as mediator and problem solver.
- Serve as a working team member.
- Participate in the employee review process.
- Understand role in direct and indirect financial profitability.
- Anticipate and overcome obstacles.
- Strive for continuous improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be positive and able to lead a team successfully.
- Must possess an intermediate to high level of knowledge in human resource and management.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of accounting.
- Decision Making
- Results Driven
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Patient Focus
- Stress Management/Composure
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on guest service.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with food handling, safety, and other restaurant guidelines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Previous Executive Chef experience is required.
- Previous Kitchen Management experience required.
- Previous entertainment management experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to traverse all parts of the facility quickly.
- Prolonged periods standing
- Prolonged periods of walking
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times.
If you are interested in being part of the STIX Family and leading the team, we would love to meet with you! Please send your cover letter, resume and reference sheet.