30+ days ago
Job Title: Kitchen Supervisor
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Executive Chef
Status:Seasonal Full / Part Time
NOTE: This job description shall not be construed as a contract for employment. Snowbasin Resort is an at-will employer. As a prerequisite to employment, a criminal background check is required. Results of a background check are not automatic grounds for disqualification.
As a member of the management team, the Lodge Chef is instrumental in developing and fulfilling the short/long-term goals for the property and executing the F&B philosophy. This position is responsible for creating an atmosphere that will inspire guests and associates to return. The above goals will be accomplished by the proper implementation, promotion and success of our operations through continual evaluation of the products/services provided while insuring effective training of the service & culinary teams. The individual will instill a strong atmosphere of service excellence in order to promote self-motivation and will redirect performance as soon as discrepancies are observed/experienced. The individual will develop guidelines and goals within the structure of the budget, achieving results through practice of prudent management techniques and cost controlling measures; including developing portion control. This position will coordinate and oversee all aspects and functions of the QSR culinary activities as well as Banquet Culinary. Employees are mentored through the Chef in this regard and proper consistency and proper controls are adhered to at all times. A key part of every employee’s job is to serve as a Snowbasin ambassador, engaging the guest at every opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Read, understand and abide by the employee handbook and resort & department polices & procedures.
2. Maintain a positive work environment by managing, leading, working and communicating in a courteous and professional manner with all guests, co-workers and vendors.
3. Lead by example, fostering departmental teamwork and collaboration.
4. Maintain awareness of all safety, state & federal sanitation and security procedures relevant to the department and property. Ensure department members are familiar with and adhere to them as well.
5. Under direction of F&B Director, Sustainable operations and charter are part of daily methods of preparation (MOP) and daily sales operations
6. Maintain awareness of resort skier visits and group demands
7. Support the financial/marketing goals of the division.
8. Perform any reasonable tasks as requested by management.
9. Manages day-to-day culinary operations
10. Manages food & beverage operations as instructed by executive chef
11. Acts as senior culinary decision maker in the absence of executive chef and executive sous chef
12. Develops and enforces service standards in all food & beverage operations through constant guidance of employee and guest engagement
13. Safety Council Leader for BOH/culinary operations. Fosters a kitchen environment of safety and awareness of kitchen/restaurant hazards.
14. Monitors and secures inventories daily, including product pulls for haul cat with accuracy.
15. Enforces consistency and portion control for all food & beverage QSR retail items.
16. Leads workshops and meetings to progress departmental service standards and profitability.
17. Attends Quality Assurance meetings as needed
18. Coaches & mentors subordinate employees through training and positive guidance.
19. Acts as point person for inquiries related to any and all manner of banquet/event culinary events.
20. Monitors all BOH on-mountain QSR facilities
21. Enforces budget standards as directed by F&B director and executive chef
22. During summer position will operationally be the banquet culinary leader
23. Maintain a presence in BOH of all on-mountain QSR operations
24. Ensure all reporting and time sensitive needs are supplied to appropriate parties when required (historical records, financials, payroll, email, HR needs, schedules logs, etc).
25. Participates in and promotes safety, accident prevention and recycling efforts.
26. Works to grow all revenue opportunities and streams including specials, event, and incremental sales initiatives
27. Represents resort at community and industry events as necessary.
28. Is always an ambassador to the company
Personal computer, telephone, copy machine, fax and other basic office equipment
Oven, stove, steamer
Knife and other sharp utensils
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
1. Protect the safety of self, co-workers, and Snowbasin Resort guests at all times.
2. Promptly report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor and/or appropriate department(s).
3. Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor and appropriate department(s), following documented procedures.
4. Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Resort’s Occupational Safety & Health Compliance Manual and department-specific procedures or manuals.
5. Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
6. Drive in accordance with the law and Snowbasin Resort policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must possess minimum Associates college degree or equivalent educational experience. 2+ years of relevant 3 or 4 star Hotel F&B Management experience. Must have basic proficiency of Microsoft Word & Excel software applications. Must possess good knowledge of service, culinary procedures, occupational safety, and food safety. Sips and Tips preferred.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Able to accurately read and make measurements.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have First aid and ServSafe certifications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, steam, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.