AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Assistant Athletic Trainer will contribute to the delivery of a comprehensive sports medical program for the LA Galaxy. Additionally, this role will perform professional and administrative services essential for the successful implementation and development of the program.
- Deliver towards the sports medicine program for the LA Galaxy including: injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation for athletes / players.
- Provide athletic training services for the team, including attendance at scheduled team practices and all home and away competitions
- Coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical referrals for player / athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete.
- Assist in the development of the LA Galaxy and LA Galaxy II’s athletic training staff, including training and supervision of athletic training interns and stretcher crew.
- Work in conjunction with the strength and conditioning staff to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual player/ athlete need(s).
- Assist in the scheduling and coordination of athletic training staff for coverage of all team practices and competitions.
- Assist Director of Sports Medicine with recommendations and management of the development of the sports medical program budget. Maintain and update budget line items as necessary with paid invoices and expenses for player needs (doctor consultations, medical procedures, medical supply orders, treatment procedures, etc.).
- Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would enhance the benefit of the sports medical program.
- Record keeping and documentation of all sport science statistics, injury reports, rehabilitation programs and doctor recommendations. Manages player status reports to the MLS.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) in Sports Science (Advanced Degree preferred)
- 5 years' professional experience
- Proactive, highly organized, and resourceful with great attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word Excel); and ability to learn required business systems
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made
- Must be able to anticipate and identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption; solutions-based mindset
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight timelines, and work effectively in a high pressure and fast-paced environment
- Ability to professionally handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of management, staff, etc.
- Flexible schedule to allow commitment to all LA Galaxy home and away games, including some weekends, evenings, and some holidays to meet game/event needs
- Certified AT (Athletic Trainer) by NATA (National Athletic Trainers’ Association)
- Certified by the State Athletic Training Licensure, and Familiarity with MLS, USL or NCAA governing rules.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.