Lab Supervisor, Center for Biological Innovation Job (Marlborough, MA, US, 01752)
Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - Caring - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
The Lab Supervisor will support laboratory operations within the Center for Biological Innovation (CBI), a BSC Center of Excellence, that utilizes customized biological testing solutions to support the design, development and commercialization of BSC products. The successful Lab Supervisor candidate should have appropriate laboratory operations and hands on experience to provide the support required to facilitate proper laboratory function according to BSC policies. In addition to operations, the Lab Supervisor will have the opportunity to support scientific staff and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within CBI and the larger organization.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leads general laboratory operations within the Center for Biological Innovation (CBI), including (but not limited to): chemical maintenance/safety, ensuring and maintaining compliance, equipment calibration/service/maintenance, inventory management, vendor management (ordering, expense tracking, equipment training, etc.), training of lab members on equipment use, proper handling of chemicals, and reporting of safety metrics
- Coordinates and manages all documentation associated with lab operations and procedures
- Serves as the liaison between CBI and both internal departments and external vendors
- Interacts and collaborates with scientific staff
- Supports routine project-related work as needed (e.g., labware cleaning and preparation, cell culture maintenance and media preparation, sterilization, etc.)
- BS degree in biology, molecular/cell biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or equivalent hands on experience
- 2+ years of laboratory experience in an industry setting
- Functional technical skill set in basic cell biology techniques (cell culture, immunostaining, microscopy)
- Hands on experience with laboratory and/or equipment management
- Previous experience in electronic document management, particularly in a regulated environment
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment
- Effective communication skills cross-functionally, vertically, and externally
- Detail-oriented with outstanding organization skills
- Able to work effectively in both a team setting and on an individual basis
Requisition ID: 490939
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.