Orchard Hiltz & McCliment Inc.
Come work for OHM Advisors, the community advancement firm.
With the singular mission of Advancing Communities, our diverse, 500+ member team works collaboratively across multiple service areas including architecture, engineering, planning, surveying, and construction engineering to create better places for people.
We are a team of experts with individual specialties working together, driven to make a difference through people-focused problem solving, design and ideas. In everything we do, we put people first. We create places for communities of people that help solve a problem and drive them forward—advancing the whole community today and well into the future.
What You’ll Contribute to OHM Advisors
Graduate Landscape Architect / Urban Designer | Graduate Landscape Architect / Urban Designer provides expertise from initial concept through project completion. Collaborate with Designers and Project Managers to develop project design and ensure high graphic and technical quality of project deliverables.
Design | As a member of the PLACE studio, the successful candidate will exhibit curiosity, passion, and familiarity with the landscape architecture profession at a conceptual and technical level. Design within this studio is process-driven, and this individual will possess the ability to develop and convey ideas efficiently, either through hand sketching or digital modeling. The individual will excel at graphic representation, using a variety of representation modes and programs to develop legible, yet evocative graphics which clearly convey project concepts.
Collaborate | The individual will work with other disciplines, internal and external to OHM, and will possess experience with and passion for multi-disciplinary teamwork to deliver design excellence. Individuals will have excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to interface with team members, clients, and the public to listen, develop ideas, and advance projects.
Lead | OHM continuously pushes innovation in performance and design and helps its employees build leadership skills. This individual will stay abreast of industry advancements,develop new ideas, and incorporate emerging best practices into OHM’s work.
- Support projects in all project phases, from concept design through construction documents.
- Specific focus on concept graphics, including but not limited to sections, perspective renderings, plans, and diagrams.
- Develop projects in an organized and methodical manner.
- Assist in preparation of presentations, reports, and final project deliverables.
- Utilize knowledge of land use planning and regulation, community development, housing, and other general planning areas to perform duties.
- Experience with construction documents is a plus.
- This role may require intermittent travel between OHM offices.
At OHM, the landscape architecture discipline is housed within a studio of planners, landscape architects and designers. The PLACE Studio (Planning, Landscape Architecture, Community, Environment), is a growing, mission-driven team of innovative thinkers.
- We build trust with the client and community
- We elevate the dignity of people and place
- We craft holistic, artistic, and timeless solutions
- We promote innovationand sustainability
- We focus on the economicsof place and build community capital
- We create happiness, joy, and energy
- We advance communities.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture.
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in the architectural, engineering, and planning industry
- Familiarity with project management concepts and ability to assist in maintaining scope and budgets.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite, and Sketchup. Experience with Rhino and Lumion is a plus.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret ordinances, statutes, plans, maps, blueprints, etc.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Design creativity and innovation.
- This position will be housed out of one of the three OHM office locations: Detroit, MI; Cleveland, OH; Columbus, OH.
Growth at OHM Advisors
Advancement isn’t just for our clients. We’re committed to moving our team forward, too. At OHM Advisors, you’ll enjoy challenging, meaningful work at a growing company creating innovative solutions for forward-thinking clients. But there’s not just cool work on big projects. You’ll be empowered to create your own career path in a culture that supports your individual professional development goals and encourages your pursuits through continued opportunities for growth. Read about some of our opportunities for career growth and enrichment on our website.
OHM Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- 2 - 5 years: Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in the architectural, engineering and planning industry
- 5 year(s): Landscape
- Bachelors or better in Landscape Architecture
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description