Miller Brother Staffing Solutions is looking for a Laser Programmer for a busy manufacturing company based in Wheatland Pa.
Position: Laser Programmer
Shift: Monday-Friday 7am-4pm
Pay Rate:$18.00-$24.00 BOE
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, life
A working position which is responsible for all aspects of programming of the EDM/Laser cutting cells within the department.
Responsibilities to include programming installation/modifications, set-up, and other duties as assigned. Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concentric variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Will include the following but is not limited to:
- Performing layouts for metal laser cutting system.
- Performing file downloads from customers into laser system for programming.
- Performing file downloads to the laser.
- Programming component parts for the laser cutting system using Metamation Laser Programming software.
- Maintaining inventory of raw materials and laser supplies needed in the Laser cell.
- Oversees, proves out programs, and performs troubleshooting of the programs and any problems that may occur during laser operation.
- Maintain up time and cycle time of 90%.
- Maintain 75% or better on laser yields.
- Manage laser program files.
- May, on occasion, be asked to perform as the laser operator.
- Cross training of engineering staff on programming duties and operations.
- Works closely with engineering, sales, and manufacturing.
- Works closely and communicates with customers.
- Arriving at work on time for every scheduled shift.
**Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion.
PREFFERED QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 4 years experience or an Associate's degree in drafting/design technology.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the field of Laser cutting operations.
- Must have experience in CAD and/or CAD/CAM systems, preferably AutoCAD.
- Minimum 3 years experience with plasma cutting and/or water jet cutting.
- General knowledge of cost estimating desired, but not required.
- Familiar with standards included in the Geo-Metric III Instruction.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence as necessary to properly fill out production reports and to request additional support as needed.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization via verbal, written, and/or electronic communications.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to enter data into a computer.
- Ability to use a calculator
- Ability to use measuring tools to determine that Quality Assurance specifications are met.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: The employee will be expected to perform at a production paced level to meet customer (internal and external) demands. This also requires quick thinking and the ability to develop and modify existing programs to support changing production needs.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The associate frequently is required to sit, walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl to support production needs.
The associate must re