Rancho Mirage, CA
Rancho Mirage, CA
30+ days ago
Per-Diem,Day,8 Hour Shift
- Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
- The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) provides direct patient care. Monitors and provides comprehensive psycho-social care in accordance with accepted standards of practice of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) and established EMC policies and procedures.
- Reports to
- Community Outreach/Cancer Support Services, Director
- Ages of Patients
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Minimal/ No Potential
- Required: Master’s degree in Social Work
- Licensed by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Workplace Violence and Response Training Class will be completed during program orientation
- Oncology Social Work Certification (OSW) within three (3) years of hire date
- Required: Minimum 2 years of mental health clinical social work experience; Individual Psychotherapy and Group Therapy experience
- Preferred: Experience in Crisis Intervention
- Essential Responsibilities
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Documentation will demonstrate intervention that supports billable services for direct patient care.
- Perform comprehensive patient evaluation for mental well being and ensures patient/family understand a cancer diagnosis and treatment options.
- Conduct follow-up/on-going treatments as appropriate based on results of evaluation.
- Conduct screenings to evaluate the needs of patients for mental health and support services, based on direct interview and interaction with the family and/or discussion with other staff members who interact with the family. Assess, evaluate, formulate and implement treatment plans.
- Maintains excellent working relationship with inpatient cancer team and community cancer organizations.
- Perform short term counseling and crisis intervention as necessary.
- Coordinate with clinical, health education, community health and assists in program development and implementation for support services (cancer lecture series, teleconferences, support groups, etc).
- Performs other duties as assigned.