TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking Lead Civil Construction Inspectors to support public agency construction projects in Santa Clarita & Valencia.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in construction inspection of highways or major public works projects. A degree (Bachelors or higher) in Civil or Transportation Engineering from an accredited university can be substituted for up to two (2) years of the required experience.
• Ability to assist the Resident Engineer in all aspects of required field and office construction engineering work including, but not limited to the following:
• Inspection of non- structural construction operations
• Inspection of traffic control system compliance
• Contract change order (CCO) preparation, review, and analysis
• Water Pollution Control Program (Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan) enforcement.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in the review, inspection and approval of Capable of traffic control systems, including lane closures, in accordance with CALTRAN standards and requirements.
• Knowledge and experience with equipment used in construction inspection, surveying, field testing of construction materials, and construction office engineering.
• Knowledge of computers, computer applications, and computer software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and others); Critical Path Method (CPM) software such as Primavera Project Planner (P3, P6) and SureTrak, or any updated version, as a minimum; Scheduler Analyzer Pro; and Microsoft Project.
• Knowledge and experience with principles of effective communication and supervision.
• Knowledge and experience with monitoring labor compliance.
• Knowledge and experience with subcontracting laws and policies.
• Knowledge and experience with the Storm Water Pollution Prevention Program and the General Permit.
• Knowledge of CALTRANS Standard Plans, Standard Specifications, and Construction Manual.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled