Lead Computational Biologist (Pharmacology)
CFD Research Corporation
The Biomedical and Life Sciences Division (BIO) of CFD Research is developing mathematical models and software tools for high profile projects in collaboration with US government, academia, and Pharma industries. The main focus is the development of multi-scale mathematical models and commercial software tools for in vivo human physiology and pharmacology (PBPK/PD/Tox), in vitro organ-on-chip devices and extrapolation to humans. Our research in this area supports a broad customer base that includes industry, academia, DoD, and other federal organizations.
This position will be involved in both leading and executing the formulation/development and validation of systems' physiology and pharmacology models, exploration of novel mechanisms of disease progression, prevention and protection/treatment. The candidate will work with highly talented engineers and scientists to deliver innovative solutions and technologies to various stakeholders. This position will also have the ability to support, and possibly lead, research that is currently on-going as well as shape (and pursue) topics of interest to the candidate.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Formulation and implementation of mathematical models of cell/tissue biology and tissue/organ physiology
- Model calibration and validation on in vitro and in vivo data
- Develop multi-scale tools for computational medicine and biology
- Collaborate with US academia, Government organizations, and Pharma industry
- Mentor and lead other researchers and scientists in both the pursuit and execution of research topics
- Advanced degree in chemical, mechanical or biomedical engineering, physics, applied mathematics, scientific computing or related field
- Experience in building, validating and using complex, system level models of biological systems
- Core competency in numerical analysis focusing on differential equations and parameter optimization
- Expertise in scientific computing and programming - in particular Matlab and Simbiology
- Experience leading technical tasks with a preference for candidates that have directly supervised technical contributors, resulting in evidence of developing self and others
- Good verbal and written communication skills for project execution and scientific publications
- Grant or Proposal writing experience is a plus
- Experience in developing PBPK models for large molecule therapeutics
- Understanding of the challenges of drug discovery and forward thinking with respect to the general application of mathematical models in discovery and development
About the Company:
CFD Research is the technology leader in engineering simulations and innovative designs. Our services are used by many Fortune 500 and emerging high-tech companies, national laboratories, and universities worldwide. CFD Research develops cutting-edge technologies (software & hardware, designs and prototypes) with Federal agencies and provides the highest possible leverage to our industry partners.
CFD Research offers competitive salaries and excellent employee benefits, including an employer matching 401(k) and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). CFD Research offers a highly competitive insurance package, including medical, vision, and dental insurance. We offer company paid long-term disability, accidental death and dismemberment, and life insurance. Performance appraisals occur each year and pay increases are based upon corporate goals, personal development, performance, and outstanding achievements. In addition, group and individual bonuses are awarded for exceptional performance.
CFD Research is an EO employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories