At Gentle Dental, our Dental Assistants perform a variety of patient care, office, x-ray and laboratory duties. Dental assistants prep patients for oral examination and assist other dental professionals in providing treatment to the teeth, mouth, and gums. Our Dental Assistants are passionate about dentistry, enjoy providing top notch customer service, and providing high-quality care to our patients
Are you looking for a fulfilling role where you can increase your knowledge? With our support, you will be guided by a full office staff and encouraging General Dentists. With plenty of opportunities to learn and grow you won't ever have a dull day. Our Providers have autonomy over their patients - you can rest easy knowing you're doing what's best for your patient.
Day to Day:
- Prepare tray setups for dental procedures
- Welcome patients and engage in conversation while transitioning to an operatory
- Help patients feel comfortable before, during, and after dental treatment
- Obtain/Review the patients’ health history and/or pre-treatment records
- Take blood pressure and pulse
- Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) policies
- Hand instruments and materials to providers during treatment
- Keep patients mouth dry and clear by using suction, water spray or other devices
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment after treatment, following accepted infection control practices
- Instruct patients on proper postoperative care, teach patients about good oral health
- If directed by a Dentist, and allowed by law, may take impressions or X-Rays
- Document treatment in patient files as transcribed by providers
- Schedule and confirm appointments, answer the phone, assist with patient questions
- Maintain patient confidence by protecting and appropriately handling all PHI (Protected Health Information)
- Order Dental resources by using equipment and supplies only as needed to accomplish results
- Assist providers in the event of a medical emergency
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Working knowledge of approved Dental Assistant functions.
- At least 1 year of previous dental experience.
- A Certificate from a Dental Assisting Program, an X-Ray certification and CPR/BLS certification from the state you will be practicing in.
- EFDA required.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- CPS experience preferred.
We offer the following benefits for part-time:
- Employee Assistance Program
- $1,000 sign-on bonus