Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
This position is a supportive role implementing Managed Security Services (MSS) in a Federal Security Operations Center (Federal SOC) 24x7x365 environment. The Federal SOC function is to provide customers with firewall, continuous monitoring, protection, prevention, and detection services as well as reporting and incident analysis based on events collected from multiple sources. This position will be responsible for providing the technical support to design and implement one or more of the following services: Panorama Managed Prisma Access Solution, Federal Government EIS Services: Managed Firewall, IDPS, End Point Protection and incident response.
The Main Responsibilities
- Performs a long-term project leadership role working towards the development of new solutions, processes, tools, systems that have company-wide and possibly industry-wide impacts.
- Frequent contact with senior leadership of customers and contractors for the purpose of creating and presenting innovative long-term solutions and managing key relationships. Acts as a resource within the engineering and scientific communities to develop solutions or handle the most complex tasks for which existing methods and procedures may not apply.
- Provides consultation and advice to Federal customers, engineers and management regarding work functions, processes, methods, procedures, and tools. Develops and delivers technical and process training, including, documentation in areas of expertise and innovative areas of technology.
- Maintains an industry-wide perspective on emerging and evolving technologies and implementations, in order to ensure corporate directions/strategies.
- Candidate is considered a SME in 3 or more of the listed security requirements.
- If not previously approved, candidate must be willing to submit for a required government suitability clearance up to TS/SCI.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Federal government – for the Networx/EIS (MTIPS) program, provide operational support on the Fortinet platform. Coordination efforts with CenturyLink groups (FedNOC, Architecture and Engineering, Product and Sales). Networking skills (i.e. – BGP routing background) would be required to be successful in this area. Fortinet experience is preferred. Need very good communication skills to prepare MOPS for scheduled maintenance involving multiple support groups.
- Managed firewall - expertise with all aspects of firewall and VPN (IPSec and SSL) technology desired. Knowledge on one or multiple platforms (Fortinet, Check Point, Palo Alto, and Juniper) is desired. The Federal SOC MTIPS Architecture is based on Fortinet platform (Fortigates, Fortimanager, Fortimails, FortiAnalyser, FortiAuthenticator and FSSO Agent).
- Desired Expertise but not limited to the areas of stateful packet inspection, address translation, denial of service, URL filtering, content inspection, content reporting, configuration and change management.
- Panorama Managed Prisma Access - The Federal SOC TIC 3.0 Remote Worker Architecture is based on Palo Alto Prisma Access and Panorama Integration. Active Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE) required.
- Experience of deploying and managing Prisma Access with Panorama.
- Experience administrating firewalls policies, analyzing firewall security and traffic logs.
- Expert knowledge of IPSEC VPN configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience working with Active Directory Services including ADFS and SAML/SSO integration with Next Generation Firewalls.
- Networking expertise on TCP/IP communication and knowledge of common application protocols and how they work.
- Proven hands on experience with information security solutions such as Next Generation Firewalls, remote access and site-to-site VPN technologies, DLP, Data Security, regex expressions, Web Proxy, SSL Decryption and offloading.
- Experience working with Juniper and Cisco routers and switches.
- Experience of managing and deploying agents and applications on Windows, MACs and mobile devices.
- Experience with creating and enforcing Host Information Profile (HIP).
- Experience with Linux and automation scripting with Pythons and Ansible.
- Excellent incident reporting skills are desired; forensics background is a plus.
- The ability to provide consulting, policy reviews, training, security audits and advisories, as well as support for malware/DDoS attacks, internal compromises, and other malicious events will be part of this skill set.
- SDWAN remote office implementation experience would be a plus.
- Use of any SIEM (Security Incident and Event Manager) application is desired - ArcSight or Splunk administrator experience/exposure is a plus. Ability to develop and implement use cases based on event correlation and specific business requirements is desired. Ability to create reports and dashboard deliverables based on event correlation is desired. Administrator expertise desired for the SIEM platform.
- Knowledge of any IDPS applications is desired – Sourcefire, SNORT, and /or Fortinet experience is desired. Event analysis via SIEM or vendor application is desired.
- Be part of On-Call Rotation.
- Recognized industry Certifications: Required Palo Alto PCNSE and CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, NSE7 would be considered a plus.
Requisition #: 265314
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Lumen Technologies, Inc
Lumen is an enterprise technology platform that enables companies to capitalize on emerging applications and power the 4th Industrial Revolution (4IR). This revolution is redefining how we live and work, creating an unprecedented need for an advanced application delivery architecture—designed specifically to handle the complex and data-intensive workloads of next-gen technology and businesses.
We integrate network assets, cloud connectivity, security solutions and voice and collaboration tools into one platform that enables businesses to leverage their data and adopt next-generation technologies.