The Data Innovations Lead Laboratory Technical Consultant’s main focus is to help customers achieve their clinical laboratory software connectivity goals. This position’s primary responsibilities are to provide expert level technical consulting services to customers and facilitate the implementation, training and the use of the Data Innovations products. This person will provide comprehensive technical expertise, advice and support throughout the entire implementation process. This person is expected to be a resource to other staff members and handle complex/escalated service issues and inquiries.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement complex connectivity and technical solutions for customers and business partners using Data Innovations software
- Provide expert level support and guidance from pre-implementation through post-live support to ensure maximum customer benefit from the company’s software solutions
- Provide training on Data Innovations software products as part of the implementation process
- Develop and maintain an expert level knowledge of the use and functionality of the company’s software products, especially around the integration of the product in a networking environment.
- Serve as a key internal resource for one or more specific topics designated by departmental leadership
- Build and document best practices and contribute to the development of new and innovative solutions for their designated area(s) of expertise.
- Provide advanced level escalation support for the company’s services, customer support and sales teams
- Ensure customer concerns are proactively communicated to management and team members
- Mentor others on the team on any/all areas of our software and processes, especially newer staff.
- Manage and accurately track time spent on assigned projects and tasks, and meet utilization goals established for the position.
- Document and deliver project status updates to all necessary individuals responsible for the service activity
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge at least five of the following areas: computer networking, Microsoft operating systems, virtualization technology/VMware, TCP/IP, DNS, Load Balancers, Firewalls, ability to translate architectural requirements, serial device connectivity, Network Device Services, Laboratory Instrument Interfacing, InterSystems Cache Administration
- Ability to lead peers and customers through complex technical concepts, and designing and consulting on software and networking configurations to accommodate customer needs
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal); including ability to communicate highly technical concepts to people of varying levels of technical competency
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities under constant deadlines and in potentially stressful environments/situations
- Mentoring to newer staff members
- Ability to meet travel requirements – at least 25% travel required, which may include travel outside of normal business hours – including evenings and weekends
- Must be willing to comply with and pass background checks and health screenings as required by customer contracts
Education and/or Experience
Minimum Bachelors Degree in Business Management, Computer Science or related field, and at least 5 years of related experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
While performing duties of this job, the employee is predominately functioning in a sedentary office position with high frequency of keyboarding, and computer use. This position will also have high travel requirements to customer sites; must be able to tolerate conditions associated with traveling and working in a laboratory setting.
Preferred skills and experience:
In addition to the above requirements, the ideal employee/candidate will have experience with the following:
- Technical certifications pertaining to OS and network configuration and administration, for example CCNA
- Previous experience as a network engineer and/or SysOps Admin
- Previous experience using Data Innovations’ products/services
- Previous consulting experience
This person reports directly to a Technical & Professional Services Manager or Director.