The Lead Lifeguard will be responsible for ensuring the readiness and smooth operations of programming and practices at Aquatic locations (both at 92Y and off-site venues). This position supervises 92Y lifeguarding staff and provides on-deck customer service. The Lead Lifeguard must possess good organizational, communication and supervisory skills.
- Ensure adequate lifeguard coverage for 92Y pool(s) and off-site pools, as dictated by seasonal changes in the flow of business volume.
- Manage lifeguard certification requirements.
- Assist Senior Director of Aquatics in verifying and preparing lifeguard bi-weekly payrolls.
- Minimum 10 hours weekly of deck supervision/guarding.
- Serve as an emergency lifeguard and swim instructor when needed.
- Ensure venues are swimmer-ready and compliant with Board of Health and safety standards.
- During Camp season, act as a deck supervisor for all camp groups; including taking attendance, swim cap distribution and assisting with swim testing.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Current lifeguard, CPR/AED, WSI, LGI(preferred) and Lifeguard Management certification required.
- Minimum three years’ experience working in aquatic management and customer service and/or fitness/athletic environment. Aquatics background is required.
- Excellent and diplomatic communications skills.
- Proven ability to perform well in a multi-faceted operation.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities or unexpected situations.
17 hours/week based on seasonality and business volume. May include opening, closing and weekend shifts.