The Repo Division within the Capital Markets Documentation Unit is responsible for negotiating and managing the Master Repurchase Agreement (MRA) and other similar contracts between the firm and our customers. The client is seeking a paralegal candidate to provide support for contract negotiations for the Client’s fixed income finance desk.
The candidate will act as the lead supporting paralegal on contract negotiations and the management of significant projects for the Client’s proprietary global master agreement contract systems, and new business project initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
· Handling the administrative aspects of all stages of the contract process from the initial documentation intake (from the initial approval stage through completion of the negotiation and arrangement of execution).
· Maintaining detailed records of the status of the negotiations (including the records of necessary approvals, required terms and conditions, active and inactive negotiations, and assignment status).
· Updating the relevant databases related to the documentation process.
· Ensuring proper scanning and storage of completed agreements.
· Ensuring that the control processes for the legal contract database and its supporting data unit are followed.
· The role reports to Senior Management in the Legal Department.
· The position requires a collaborative and collegial team player, but also a person who is a self-starter who is able to work independently and take a proactive approach to the job.
· Consideration will be given to those persons with demonstrated leadership skills and experience in the review of complex rules and regulations and their applicability to contracts, project management, and development, as well as the ability to coordinate responses with other Client's departments and keep within established timelines and procedure guidelines.
· Candidates must have paralegal training, and an undergraduate degree (BA/BS), with 5+ years in a finance/corporate legal department or law firm.
· Strong technical skills are required with demonstrated comprehensive proficiency with MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint software and the ability to learn and use the firm’s proprietary software.