30+ days ago
An Technical Writing Team Lead job is currently available at Belcan in Phoenix, AZ. This is a full time, direct job with full benefits or contract. Great matching candidates will have a Bachelor"s Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a similar discipline. You will be leading a team of 4 student co-ops in maintenance engineering (MSG-3), developing aircraft maintenance manuals (AMM), and other forms of technical writing for large commercial aircraft.
Technical Writing Team Lead job duties include:
* Manage a team of student co-ops in the process of analyzing and writing technical documents.
* Manage and delegate work to co-ops
* Review work and provide feedback to co-ops
* Teach any necessary skills and answer questions the co-ops may have
* Act as a mentor for co-ops professional development
* Work with the customer as primary point of contact and relay information to co-ops
* Provides functional guidance to co-ops and act in a technical leadership capacity
* Develops solutions to a wide range of complex technical problems which require ingenuity and innovation
* Helps solve problems that would affect cost, schedule, and performance
* Works according to established guidelines.
* Ensures application of best practices and identifies the need for enhanced processes, methods, and tools
* Is proficient within a specific functional capacity
* Effective oral and written collaborative engineering environment communication skills
* Ability to effectively present oral and written engineering requirements and results
* Ability to work seamlessly in an IPT environment and across facilities and groups
* Requires educational credentials meeting the classification standards for engineers and typically a minimum of 10 years' experience in an engineering classification.
* Legal authorization to work in the US required
Skills and Specifications:
* Fixed wing commercial aircraft program experience
* Knowledgeable with:
o Boeing Manuals
o Aircraft Maintenance Manuals
o Illustrated Parts Catalog
o Fault Isolation Manual
o Failure Modes and Effects Analysis FMEA
* Writing publications, including analysis and working with design engineering
* Previous Boeing 747 experience preferred
* Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
* Arbor Text
* Adobe Framemaker
Desired but not required Software skills:
* Adobe Acrobat/Photoshop
* Caita V5
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Aerospace Engineering from a four-year accredited College or University.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder
* Must be available to begin work immediately in Phoenix, AZ
If you are interested in this Technical Writing Lead job in Phoenix, AZ please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!