The Lead Physician is responsible for supervising mid-level staff providers, monthly chart review, and serves as coach/mentor/trainer to staff providers, giving guidance in best practices, troubleshooting of medical services and operations issues in priority of urgency according to AFC policy. As a licensed MD, the Lead Physician will also provide direct patient services in addition to their duties in administration.
- Values a positive and welcoming approach to patient care.
- Oversees the medical services of 2-3 medical clinics and 5 to 7 mid-level providers in a specific market according to our protocol.
- Board certification, or Board eligible, in a major primary care specialty field of practice.
- Current, valid license to practice medicine including DEA license and CPR, required.
- 1+ years of previous experience providing services and exercising leadership in a culturally and linguistically diverse setting, with demonstrated success.
- 1+ years supervising providers and other clinical staff is essential, with demonstrated record of success.
- Strongly prefer 1+ year previous experience as Lead Physician with a Medicare or Medicaid patient population.
- Lead Physician with a Medicare or Medicaid patient population, 1 year (Preferred)
- supervising providers and other clinical staff, 1 year (Required)
- providing services and leadership in a culturally/linguistically diverse setting, 1 year (Required)
- DEA (Required)
- Medical Board (Required)
- Board Certification (Required)
- Job distance: