Lead Web UI Application Developer - INF001447
The Lead Web UI Application Developer is a specialist at implementing the front-end web and mobile technologies while leading other experienced developers in adding to the success of the team. The Lead Web UI Application Developer will lead and govern the creation and maintenance of functionality on internet and intranet applications operated by UScellular, with attention to user experience and modern design. Works with numerous external vendors, internal UScellular business partners, as well as internal IS partners.Essential Functions
- Works closely with the Manager, Web and Mobile Development leader to create and implement key processes that enable team success including, but not limited to: Continuous Integration/Delivery pipelines, training, DevSecOps tools, and Version Control Systems.
- Acts as Scrum Master for the Web and Mobile UI team and provides experienced guidance and training around Scrum practices and procedures.
- Defines effective strategic approaches around working with business partners with diverse professional backgrounds, translating and communicating highly technical concepts and information in clear business terms for key partners and decision-makers
- Lead, instruct and mentor other developers by leading code and peer reviews, sharing knowledge to support quality control of coding efforts and supporting development of new skills
- Leads developers on the team by creating standards and contributing to a wide variety of complex production-related web and mobile development tasks including building, modifying, maintaining, and optimizing code.
- Collaborates with internal architecture, marketing, development, and external vendor partners to achieve desired delivery.
- Translate complex wire frames and graphic composites into cohesive and robust technical output
- Optimize performance, contribute to definition of architectural solutions, while creating code that adheres to web standards
- Assures Secure Application Coding is standard practice in every delivery and that fundamental knowledge and training in Secure Coding Practices is evident in daily contributions.
- Continually build upon and advance knowledge in web/mobile app development by researching trends and staying educated on changing coding paradigms and browser/OS standards
- Provides expert knowledge in standard methodologies: Web Usability, E-commerce, Information Architecture, Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Web Analytics, and application code design to ensure encapsulation, modularity, cohesion, operability and maintainability
- Partner with application and technical architects within the Web and Mobile Application Development team in effort to apply standard methodologies and provide implementation options
- Adhere to software engineering standard methodologies governing code artifacts and output and to Strategic and Tactical application development in shaping the direction for projects and the team backlog.
- Share web and mobile development industry trends and standard methodologies to influence ongoing product maturity
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 7 years of proven ability developing web and/or mobile based functionality, preferably on an e-commerce web site/app using a content management system
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience coaching and mentoring other Developers.
- 5+ years of experience working within an SDLC and working on projects involving other teams is required.
- Must have advanced knowledge of front-end Web development trends and expert knowledge of the following:
- Experience with Agile and Scrum frameworks.
- Certified Scrum Master or related Agile/Scrum certifications preferred.
- HTML5, CSS3 Styling and Content experience
- Bootstrap, Foundation or equivalent Responsive Web Design framework
- Sublime Text or equivalent development tool
- Mobile/Tablet website development and/or App Development
- Performance design and Secure Application Coding training
- Must have experience using the following:
- Accomplished understanding of cloud computing and its interdependencies with on-premise and vendor data center UI orchestrations.
- Adept understanding of UI Integration with back office system via HTTPS/2 REST/JSON services.
- NodeJS, PHP, JSP or equivalent back-end framework
- Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, and RDBMS/NoSQL database
- Grunt, Gulp or equivalent build process tool
- PhoneGap or equivalent mobile app development platform
- ATG, WordPress, Joomla or equivalent Content Management System
- Git, Mercurial or equivalent source control system
- Axure or equivalent wireframe software
- Experience with IOS x.x and Android x.x mobile application development a plus
- Demonstrates high level of interpersonal to grow trust and show business value of application development efforts
- Highly skilled in organization and planning
- Ability to self-start and be versatile in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills required to publish risk assumptions and development approaches for projects/backlog
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with a diverse group of constituents is required
: Information Technology Location(s)
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.