About the Role:
- Prepare detailed Lease abstracts, upload, update and maintain Leases as they are received, into the Lease database/accounting software. Review and analyze leases for critical information such as Lease Term Dates,Notice Dates, Lease Options and exercise dates, Base Rents, Fixed and CPI Rent Increases, Tenant passthroughs,
and other critical financial Lease information and enter the data into the accounting system. Review Lease Abstracts for accuracy and submit for approval.
- Prepare annual operating expenses, insurance and real estate tax pass-through calculations in both Excel and the accounting software. Coordinate timing and review of packages with assigned property managers and post the billings to tenant accounts. Prepare and mail annual reconciliation and estimate statements with cover letters to each tenant.
- Maintain monthly rent rolls for each property, which includes reviewing information for accuracy and by regularly communicating with leasing agents and property managers regarding vacant suites and expiring leases. Issue date alerts for upcoming expirations, renewals, etc.
- Prepare and review the monthly Rent billing by property for the upcoming month and submit for approval and posting.
- Generate monthly rent increase reports and notify Tenants accordingly. Prepare calculations and bill appropriate Tenants for all CPI rent increases.
- At the direction of the property manager, generate and send monthly late letters to all delinquent tenants and follow up consistently thereafter until account is current.
- Track, prepare and bill monthly utility and other Tenant reimbursements as required.
- Prepare Tenant Estoppels and SNDAs as required and follow up with Tenants.
- Generate and review tenant reports that are a part of the monthly financial statement packages.
- Track Property and Tenant Insurance requirements and keep current with Certificates of Insurance. Provide property insurance certificates to lenders in accordance with loan requirements.
- Attend weekly Lease Administration Meetings and provide status updates.
You Should Have:
The ideal candidate profile for the Lease Administrator includes:
- 1-5 years of experience in Commercial Real Estate Lease Administration. Accounting background a plus.
- Proficient in MRI. Lease Harbor, Lease Query, Yardi experience a plus, not a requirement.
- Strong attention to detail and skilled in balancing/managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Why You'll Love Working With Us:
Donohoe Real Estate Services has operated in the Washington, DC area since 1884 and is the oldest and most established full-service property management company in the DC-Metro Area. We have been in business for over 135 years and are consistently chosen as one of the Top Ten Best Places to Work in the DC Metro Area by Washington Business Journal â€“ pairing the best of both worlds â€“ reputable stability and culture!
Our team is seeking a self-motivated full-time Lease Administrator. You will work alongside our tenured Senior Lease Administrator and Manager for Lease Administrationâ€”both with over ten yearsâ€™ experience at Donohoe.