Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Under direct supervision, the Legal Assistant will support the Legal and Compliance department by completing legal and compliance tasks, general administrative duties, clerical work and providing overall administrative support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes general administrative duties for three commercial attorneys responsible for contracts, insurance, marketing and compliance programs
- Maintains an electronic log of work and deadlines
- Manages calendars, schedules meetings, and communicates with internal/external customers
- Supports the completion of certain basic reports, spreadsheets, presentations and communications
- Assist with general contract drafting, administration and tracking of key legal provisions
- Work directly with outside consultants and attorneys to ensure the timely filing of compliance documents in the various state agencies and federal government
- Obtain, organize, and provide company information to insurance brokers for insurance program
- Maintain confidentiality, treat others with respect and upholding Company values
- Assist with miscellaneous and special projects as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of three years administration experience.
- Administrative experience in Finance or Legal preferred.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) to all levels of the Company.
- Effective organizational and decision-making skills with ability to plan, prioritize and complete tasks.
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs such as Outlook, OneDrive, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams, and the ability to learn new software tools are required.
- This position also requires excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- This position requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Associates degree or paralegal certificate preferred.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.