Librarian - Part-Time
City of Garland, TX
To provide quality library and information services, professional reference, and readerâ€™s advisory services to library users.
Target Hiring Range: $21.33/hr - $23.75/hrEssential Job Functions:
- Resolve patron problems and interpret policies.
- Provide professional reference, readerâ€™s advisory, and programs to library users.
- Carry out special project assignments.
- Provide assistance with electronic resources and the Internet to a large number of computer users.
- Perform basic hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Provide instructional classes on the Internet and other electronic resources, and present educational programs, as assigned.
- Stay apprised of new resources through continuing education, professional journals and training.
- Advanced graduate level coursework in library technology and electronic resources
- 1 or more years of professional public library experience.
- Training or experience in working with mainstream social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter or feed readers)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of current practices in public libraries, including reference services, reader's advisory, and library technology
- Comprehensive knowledge of electronic resources
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Skill in utilizing a variety of Internet browsers, search engines, Internet based productivity tools, and email
- Skill in creating content using social media tools (i.e. Flickr, YouTube, etc.)
- Ability to work cooperatively and congenially with others
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to handle customer issues and complaints appropriately
- Ability to work closely with others as part of a team
- Ability to work a varying 19 hour-per-week schedule