Library Data Services - Reference Intern
Federal Reserve Bank (FRB)
Kansas City, MO
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Data Services: Reference Intern
The data services reference intern will focus on developing skills and projects that support the discovery, promotion, and management of business and economic data resources to support the diverse needs of research economists. Key projects will include investigating new data sources, matching existing data resources to needs, and learning about data citations in publications.
The Research Library at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is recruiting for a Data Services Intern. The Research Library provides support for innovative research on monetary policy and macroeconomics.
- Build a knowledge database to support evaluation of economic data resources
- Assist with the creation and update of workflows and corresponding documentation
- Revise and enhance data bibliographic records in system-wide ILS
These positions will provide excellent experience for students interested in developing skills relevant to data services, business librarianship, or positions in special or corporate libraries. Applicants must be able to work at least 20 hours a week. The internships are for both fall and spring semesters through May 15th. Applicants should also meet the requirements below.
Required Education and Skills:
· Basic knowledge and skills related to data management, curation, reproducibility, and/or acquisition
· Strong interest in data support services
· Attention to details and strong organizational skills
· Proven ability to work independently
· Excellent communication skills
· Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program
· Enrollment in a library or information science graduate program and/or two (2) years’ experience in a library setting working with data preferred
· Incumbent must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the Bank grants an accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
· Click here to apply for Library Information Management Intern
· Please attach a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript copy.
· Please apply by August 30, 2021 to be considered.
For more information on the Research Division and the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, please visit us on the web at www.kansascityfed.org.
Certain eligibility requirements apply.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
Full Time / Part TimePart time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.