Organization:H0143 University Libraries
The purpose of this role in IAS is provide customer service and assistance to students, faculty, staff and visitors of the MD Anderson Library NIGHTS during the week. Working primarily at the Service Desk within the MDA Library, the successful candidate will assist users with library services, ensure building services are operational and secure the library at the close of business. The position will indirectly supervise student workers and other staff within the department. Service evaluation and processes for improvement will also be part of the successful candidate’s responsibilities.
- Serves as manager-on-duty evenings and nights
- Indirect supervision of student desk assistants
- Act as primary point of contact to resolve customer service issues.
- Respond to user queries via in-person visits, phone calls, and various remote reference services.
- Determine the information needs of users; translate a user’s question into one that can be answered with the library’s resources.
- Utilize the library's electronic and physical resources to find items for users. Educate users in taking advantage of these resources.
- For questions beyond the capabilities of desk staff, have a thorough knowledge of University and library personnel and resources to properly direct these queries.
- Use the Alma Library Services Platform to provide accurate information to patrons, circulate materials, review and modify patron accounts, accept payment for fines and fees, and modify item records as necessary.
- Work with other campus and library units as necessary.
- Ensure building is secure at close of business each day
Sunday – Thursday, 3:00pm – 12:00am (during fall and spring semesters); day/evening schedule during intersessions and summer term; position hours rotate with another night manager
Additional Job Posting Information- Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Three (3) years of directly job-related experience
- Department is willing to subsitute educaiton in lieu of experience.
- Written and verbal communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution
- Time management
- Willingness to learn
- Software proficiency
- Common operating systems
- Data analysis
Salary:$19.86 - $25.32
Required Attachments by Candidate:Resume, Cover Letter/Letter of Application
University of Houston
Job Posting:Nov 2, 2021, 8:13:09 PM