Licensed Practical Nurse
Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital Part of Fairview Health Services
Grand Rapids, MN
POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Certified or Registered Medical Assistant - Clinic
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time (64-72 hours per pay period)
WORK SCHEDULE: Days
DEPARTMENT: Clinic Nursing
*** $2000 Sign on Bonus***
Consistent with the Minnesota Nurse Practice Act and/or AAMA will provide patient care "through the understanding of nursing standards, recognized by the Minnesota State Board of Nursing. Care will be rendered under the direction of a registered nurse, advanced practice nurse, physician or physician assistant." When this job description applies to the assignment or acceptance of a float position, the responsibilities are equivalent; however the health care team and unit you are assigned to will direct specific job duties to meet the patient care needs.
1. Conducts a focused assessment though the collection and comparison of data to normal findings and the patient's current health status. Report of changes will be given to the appropriate licensed health care provider for on-going direction, patient management and delegation of care.
2. Participates with health care team in the development and modifications to the patient's health plan of care plan/orders.
3. Implements patient care interventions that are delegated, ordered or prescribed by a licensed health care provider.
4. Assigns nursing activities or tasks to other licensed practical nurses (LPN).
5. Assigns and monitors nursing task or activities that are delegated to certified medical assistants or any unlicensed personnel on the health care team.
6. Focus on patient care through the provision of safe /effective care, patient advocacy, assistance with patient evaluation to interventions and collaboration and communication with health care team members.
7. Provides health care information to patients and reviews education materials.
8. Provides input for policies and procedures
9. Consistent with section 148.211, subdivision 1 of the Minnesota Nurse Practice Act "Accountable for the quality of care delivered, recognizes the limits of practice and competency, and preforms to the level of education knowledge and skill ordinarily expected of individuals who have competed an approved LPN education program."
1. Current Minnesota state license, or current Medical Assistant certification or registration. Must maintain license/certification/registration.
2. Experience in an ambulatory health care setting is preferred.
3. Ability to work efficiently, accurately, and maintain positive working relationships.
4. BLS certification to be completed within two months of employment.
5. Demonstrated ability to follow and adhere to Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital policies, vision, mission and values.
6. Maintains reliable and consistent attendance.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Employment Type: Part Time
Years Experience: Less than 1 year
Salary: $18 - $24 Hourly